• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Women's T20 World Cup 2020

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Honestly Australias think tank did lots of questionable things tonight.

- bring in Strano from outside the 15
- bowl gun bowl Perry only 3 overs
- pick Xoraxs Sutherland who batted 8, didnt bowl.
- promoted Haynes who is comfortable later
- Gardner who batted well regularly bats with Healy in WBBL, felt it would have worked well with 4 Gardner 5 Perry 6 Haynes.
- Chased in a pressure game where runs on the board is always useful.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I will also say well done India.

That 4th wicket partnership did end up being vital. Terrific from Poonam, was a magical performance from her, India deserved the win.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Think this should be pinned to the main page now.

Poonam Yadav is another rags to riches story, and given this is Women's cricket, the "riches" aren't really even anywhere near as rich as the men's game, Even then, its nice to see how an entire family can go up a rung in the society through our great game.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What a great game to start the tournament, although it's made me a little nervous about NZ's prospects of progressing - on Australian soil, I would have thought we'd have a better chance against India than the hosts.

Looking forward to our first game tonight, although a midnight start time isn't ideal. Might have to record it and try to avoid spoilers until I can watch it tomorrow.

_Ed_

Two wickets for Thailand! How good is this? I wish they'd eked out a few more runs.

_Ed_

Wow, is this three down now? This is so great to watch.

EDIT: It is!

_Ed_

Maiden! Thailand hanging in there, although WI probably have this under control now. I'd love to see another couple of wickets now...