• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Women's T20 World Cup 2020

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tryon getting her ducks out of the way to hit 60 (32) in the World Cup I see
She wasn't far off that today - a massive, match-winning innings.

Still a few positives for NZ, especially since we made four changes and rested a few players. Jess Kerr bowled brilliantly on debut, at least until Tryon got on top of her in her last over.

_Ed_

Devine's scores this series: 54*, 61, 77, 105.

Insane form, and seemingly thriving with the captaincy. I hope she can sustain this into the World Cup.

cnerd123

likes this
^ that's brilliant

Also apparently the Royal Mint has produced special $2 coins to commemorate this event! Going all out for this.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Vlaeminck gone with a crocked foot, big blow that.

Molly Strano gets the callup, she's a good operator but replacing a genuine quick with an offspinning allrounder is an odd call

_Ed_

Don't care who wins the opening game tonight, but I hope it's an absolute thriller of a contest to set the tone for the tournament. Good luck to all teams.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So far ive seen Guha Blackwell Jones and Barnard talking, hopefully we get a male on the coverage cause men play the cricket too.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ok so I was wrong about Sutherland, didnt expect her selection at all. Strano coming straight into the XI is a surprise too but I dunno why she was overlooked in the first place.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Better not zorrers Xorax, its better than easily half of the stickied threads. I mean why is the emerging one a sticky.

What an opening ceremony, reminds me of my rock pop mine performance

cnerd123

likes this
Fun opening ceremony

the ICC have done a good job of building this up and getting this all in place. Hope this first game is goooood

cnerd123

likes this
Strano spun one back into the lefty. Interesting. Carrom ball, or natural variation?

The ball after that moved back in too.