• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Women's T20 World Cup 2020

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia and England seem to be a class above the other teams TBH. Hopefully India can qualify top of the group, and draw the team finishing 2nd in the other group, and get to the final by the easier path. Will take a pretty big upset to beat either of those two in the Final.

EDIT : Maybe I'm underestimating SA, don't know much about them.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Is Shabnim Ismail the fastest female bowler? She was consistently bowling over 120 kmph in the match against Thailand. I don't recall seeing women bowl that quickly before.

_Ed_

And Suzie's having a shocking tournament.

EDIT: Bloody hell, 68-5.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Jeez, we might win this yet.

But it was awful to see that injury to Sultana - hope she's okay.

cnerd123

likes this
man I do not like weekend morning games. Always end up sleeping through them!

Can't believe we lost that :( Golden opportunity for an upset.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
amelia kerr is a gun, one of my favourite players to watch.

she couldn't do much more, 2-21, 34 runs and 2 catches. needed much more support.
i would bat her number four.
she is the ellyse perry of n.z. of the next decade.
I missed the game in question but every time I've seen her, Kerr has looked very good. Love her bowling.

vcs

It's really weird how many nothing shots women cricketers just spoon in the air randomly. Granted, half of them get dropped, but still.

tony p

First Class Debutant
the standard has been poor for this world cup.

i'm not sure the pitches have been conducive to strokeplay though. ( spinners have been great, yadav, ecclestone, kerr)

to many out of form players as well, wyatt, perry, bates, mandhana, kaur among others.

catching on the whole poor, ( n.z.against india for one) but most teams have dropped easy catches.

have enjoyed bangladesh, who look as though they may be big improvers in the years to come.

big fans of the women's game, but it has been very underwhelming so far, with few good matches.
lets hope it finishes with a bang.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
That was quite some innings from Wolvaardt there. She has sometimes been perceived as more of a 50 over player, not renowned for her power but that was some good striking in a sluggish deck.

Have to wonder if she should bat a bit higher

Agree about Baig, she has bowled impressively all tournament so far

_Ed_

Yeah, superb knock from Wolvaardt. She looked very classy on the NZ tour before the tournament as well.

Javeria's playing really nicely now in the chase. Looks like she'll be key to Pakistan's chances.

EDIT: Oh dear. Run out at the non-striker's end. That's a nasty jinx from me.

Last edited: