• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe 2019/20

Bijed

International Regular
What happened to Graeme Cremer? Thought he was captain?

Anyway, I guess SL just need to bat for as long as possible and hope Zimbabwe struggle in one of those 'nothing to gain' third innings and that the pitch starts to do a bit more

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Uh, this match is a throwback to the 90s. Till now the match is slowly painfully dying as a boring tame draw. Hope the players come back to 21st century tomorrow.

Last edited:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like Mathews have regained his fitness. Definitely slimmer, and lasted 460 odd deliveries.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Uh, this match is a throwback to the 90s. Till now the match is slowly painfully dying as a boring tame draw. Hope the players come back to 21st century tomorrow.
Why? Its not horrible seeing a draw occasionally. A draw would be a good result for team Zim.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Ndlovu seems pretty redundant with Williams playing as well; I'd love to see Burl sneak in at 7 to bat and bowl a few leggies, pushing Chakabva and Tiripano down to 8 and 9. All the best Zimbabwean sides have had stacked tails.
I've been keeping my fingers crossed that Burl will kick on in red ball cricket for a while now, as Zimbabwe are probably due for a changing of the guard soon. Very true that any good looking Zim team will have stacked batting, but I'm really hopeful they can produce a decent bowling attack one day that wont get poached.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
What happened to Graeme Cremer? Thought he was captain?
I think they inexplicably sacked him after they failed to qualify for the 2019 CWC. Either way, it seemed as though he was in their ODI setup only anyway, having last played Test cricket almost three years ago.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Why? Its not horrible seeing a draw occasionally. A draw would be a good result for team Zim.
I like draws that are achieved through quality defensive knocks on day 4/5 crumbling pitches. But when a team is playing for draw since day 1 ball 1 there is something wrong with the confidence of the team. The fact that SL also batted like they don't care to win didn't help either.

We can still have a result here - but that will not erase the defensive cricket from both teams in first 4 days.

Last edited:

Bijed

International Regular
I've only been following on Cricbuzz, but were they actually playing for a draw or just playing within their limitations on a pretty meh pitch?

Tbh, the pitches bother me more than the style of cricket the players adopt, as Zimbabwe as a team aren't going to develop if they only play in these sorts of conditions

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Taylor and Williams gone in two overs after lunch

Lol Zimbabwe - can defend on day 1 pitch only

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Cricbuzz has summed up well "This Test match for the most part moved at a snail's pace but in the end, it reached it's conclusion."