• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe 2019/20

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I watched 3 balls on YT but realized I was taking the piss.

Had on Aus v Ind, SA vs ENG, Heat vs Renegades already.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Move over Dion Ebrahim and Alastair Campbell, Prince Masvaure and Kevin Kasuzu have arrived.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very bad move not to pick Vishwa Fernando the left arm seamer
I certainly can't understand how Rajitha get in over him. Would be nice if Kumara could add some accuracy to his raw pace too.

I know it's Zimbabwe, but the pitch for this thing must be absolutely stone dead. Hard to recall too many slower non-South African innings recently.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If Kasuzu is at stumps day 1 on say 74* I will be a happy man. So then lunch Day 2 he will be 93ish. Might then start batting cautiously so he moves to 95* at drinks and then gets a move on and reaches his debut ton off the last ball before tea on day 2. With a nice little nudge to the right of the square leg umpire.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Well done Zimbabwe. I can't see them taking 20 wickets but hopefully they can bat most of day 2 and apply some scoreboard pressure - do what England have done to SA.

Shady Slim

International Coach
really want to see the zimboys go on with this, when they’ve had the chance to play tests these past couple years they’ve shown grit if a lack of polish in their game tbh

Chubb

International Regular
Vusi on commentary, what a legendary career he could have had. He was a genius.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Donald Tiripano is such a gun name. Can’t put my finger on it but it just sounds right.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll be honest the main reason I made this thread is to highlight this piece of galaxy brain brilliance from SL's chief selector:

Actually scoring runs: overrated, apparently.
All that and Thiri didn’t play. Disappointing from the selectors.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
The last 2 days should be quite interesting. How will Zimbabwe bat 2nd time around? Can they get into the SL tail and keep the 1st innings scores similar? Will Sri Lanka try to boost the run rate or just bat and bat and then try to win by an innings on day 5? Can Zim set them 200+ on day 5?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Liking the look of this Zimbabwean engine room. Ervine-Taylor-Williams-Raza is one of the stronger middle orders we've seen from the Zim-jimmers.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Liking the look of this Zimbabwean engine room. Ervine-Taylor-Williams-Raza is one of the stronger middle orders we've seen from the Zim-jimmers.
Ndlovu seems pretty redundant with Williams playing as well; I'd love to see Burl sneak in at 7 to bat and bowl a few leggies, pushing Chakabva and Tiripano down to 8 and 9. All the best Zimbabwean sides have had stacked tails.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
SL now in front but if Zim can restrict the deficit to 100 and SL dont bat too fast, they have a solid chance of a draw. Zim will want to get Dickwella out quickly as he could easy score at 80SR.