• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India ODIs 2019/20

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not really true. He often picks up injuries/niggles at the end of a Test series so he doesnt play more because he isnt 100%, not because its a JAMODI.
Speaking of which I do recall him having to take pills for his knee or ankle at one point during the Melbourne test.

ajdude

International Coach
i wish they'd show the projected totals after a first ball four

i was wondering what australian commentators would head over, slater unfortunately is one. usually border pops up over there too

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Im pretty pleased for Kane Richardson. This is the XI I would have picked tbh.

Yeah same I guess. Quicks and top six were basically locks for me, but I'm less thrilled about the spin and allround options. Agar at seven bothers me less than the alternative of locking yourself into at least ten overs from Marnus+Short+Smith so I probably would've rolled with this eleven too but it still strikes me as a bit ehhh balance-wise.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Hopefully this opens the eyes for the Indian team management that batting arguably the best ODI batsman ever out of position is not all that clever.

If Rahul needs to play in the XI, let him develop into a #4 or #5.

Jarquis

Yeah same I guess. Quicks and top six were basically locks for me, but I'm less thrilled about the spin and allround options. Agar at seven bothers me less than the alternative of locking yourself into at least ten overs from Marnus+Short+Smith so I probably would've rolled with this eleven too but it still strikes me as a bit ehhh balance-wise.
Who would you pick? Lyon instead of Zampa and who ahead of Agar?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hopefully this opens the eyes for the Indian team management that batting arguably the best ODI batsman ever out of position is not all that clever.

Yeah I think they picked the right bats but I would've gone Rahul or Dhawan at four. I don't think it's as huge a deal as is being made out by the commentators though; they've been carrying on about it since the start of the game and made some pretty lolsy arguments about it even though I agree with their conclusion.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It would be nice if someone in the top 7 could bowl pace. Seems kinda weird just having a bunch of spinners.

I definitely am nervous about the 20 overs of spin.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

eh, not this debate again.

fwiw I think he's just as good at 3 or 4, and given the fact that our middle order options are not as good as the top order, it makes sense for him to bat 4 so we only need to play one of Iyer/Pandey/Jadhav.

stephen

Hopefully this opens the eyes for the Australian team management that batting arguably the best ODI batsman ever out of position is not all that clever.

If Labuschagne needs to play in the XI, let him develop into a #4 or #5.
FTFY z.