• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India ODIs 2019/20

sunilz

International Regular
IND simply can't beat AUS on flat tracks and small grounds where our spin bowling becomes ineffective particularly under lights. Except Bumrah none of our bowlers are comparable to AUS particularly on flat tracks.
So we need to utilize our strength and play on spin friendly pitches against AUS/ ENG .

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The WC was really so different to these JAMODIs. Proper fast bowling on display, spinners being useless, cakey batsmen dominating, relatively low totals etc. Loved it.
I was actually thinking about this when making my post about how I probably wouldn't like four day Tests between evenly matched teams much more than fifty over cricket, factoring in that a lot of what I don't like about fifty over cricket is actually caused by the selectors and culture around JAMODIs rather than the format itself.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The WC was really so different to these JAMODIs. Proper fast bowling on display, spinners being useless, cakey batsmen dominating, relatively low totals etc. Loved it.
Me too actually. I prefer par scores to be around 270, with the occasional 300 and occasional 240 being good enough.

My biggest complaint with ODI cricket right now is just how important opening batsmen are. The formula now is basically for the openers to bat out the first 30 overs and if they don't then it's very hard for the remaining batsmen to score enough runs. I think this is mostly because of the two new balls staying hard for twice as long.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was pretty similar to last night's JAMODI tbh.

Daemon

Just seen the highlights. ****ing hell Finch was all class on the drive. Looked perfectly balanced and timed the pants off anything overpitched.

stephen

TheJediBrah

Yeah, England and maybe NZ are really the gold standard LO teams at the moment for me. Both these sides are at the level below them. Kinda cool coz that works out to who were the WC finalists and who were the semifinalists. Guess that format was fair enough, even though it cost the associates.
I don't think NZ are in the same class as any of Eng, Aus or Ind. They played a couple of great knockout games in the World Cup which is a good sign but tbh they were very lucky to be in the top 4 in the first place. Definitely weren't one of the best teams in the group stages.

Daemon

I don't think NZ are in the same class as any of Eng, Aus or Ind. They played a couple of great knockout games in the World Cup which is a good sign but tbh they were very lucky to be in the top 4 in the first place. Definitely weren't one of the best teams in the group stages.
I think they had the 4th best Group stage. Don't think they were that lucky to make it there. SL, SA, WI, Ban and Afgh were largely junk. NZ were better than Pakistan.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dunno.. I think overall in LO cricket they are good. I guess I did go overboard calling them the gold standard, but I would put them slightly ahead of Aus and Ind as it is today in that format.

TheJediBrah

I think they had the 4th best Group stage. Don't think they were that lucky to make it there. SL, SA, WI, Ban and Afgh were largely junk. NZ were better than Pakistan.
Pretty much what I'm saying. They lost almost every group game against quality opposition, and iirc by quite a bit. 4th best is about right, they definitely didn't look top 2. I remember considering them lucky to make the top 4 on points but I can't remember exactly why . . . there might have been a washout in their favour or something idk

OverratedSanity

Depends on how you look at it, Pakistan started poorly and kept getting better. It was really one game against wi that cost them, if they'd lost that just badly instead of atrociously, they'd have qualified. And I don't think anyone would said NZ were particularly unlucky, they had a very jammy run.

Daemon

Well we can all agree to disagree, but if anyone was lucky it was England, who only tied the finals because their best player wasn't watching from the local Gaol. Fact.

OverratedSanity

Also because of a rule which was incredibly stupid and which has now been changed.

And no "bUt bOtH tEaMS KnEw tHe RuLeS" is not a good excuse. Luckiest world cup tie ever.

Daemon

And the overthrows off the bat. God that was the luckiest piece of luck I've ever seen in sport.

TheJediBrah

Well we can all agree to disagree, but if anyone was lucky it was England, who only tied the finals because their best player wasn't watching from the local Gaol. Fact.
No arguments here regarding the final. I'm just talking about group stages when I say NZ were lucky.

ajdude

International Coach
Pretty much what I'm saying. They lost almost every group game against quality opposition, and iirc by quite a bit. 4th best is about right, they definitely didn't look top 2. I remember considering them lucky to make the top 4 on points but I can't remember exactly why . . . there might have been a washout in their favour or something idk
probably the washout against india helped

Daemon

Good points guys.

Essentially England was lucky and NZ were lucky as well while India were unlucky with injuries. Therefore it should've been an India - England final (sans Ben Stokes) which India would've likely pocketed easily, because the English don't win WCs.

harsh.ag

Instead of so much spewage, isn't it enough to say that one of Rohit and Kohli has to work for India to win