• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India ODIs 2019/20

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I kinda agree with hb on the kohli thing. I don't necessarily think him batting at 3 or 4 should change things massively but the great thing about his batting is that he can control the pace of the entire innings if he gets in early. Don't know why you need to disturb that. Not sure if it's actually a sound reason tbh. Maybe it's more the fact that it brings back horrible memories of Chappell shunting Sachin down to 4.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah.. think he is fine physically. Just rusty without game time. Guy did not play any domestic games even since his injury. I am not too worried about his or Kohli's form, which I am sure, will be the headlines in India tomorrow. But, the selection and the thinking does worry me. Isn't it better to let your strengths be and work on your weaknesses? Our issues are the lower middle order and bowlers who can bat or batsmen who can bowl. Why are we trying to fix things that are not problems while neglecting what obviously are?

OverratedSanity

I mean its just a jamodi, but jfc I dont think its possible to get beat much worse than that. Also, Thakur continues to be trash to the shock of no one, if this series confirms this beyond a shadow of doubt then thats a positive to take.

Last edited:

googlyeyes

Banned
Time to bring in guys in their early twenties who look promising to give them experience over the next 3 years.

Rahul and Dhawan can **** off, even if they were one of the few performers today. Problem is they have never dug in and made it count when Kohli and Rohit both fail in a game.

Kohli should play at 3. Best #3 in the world.

googlyeyes

Banned
Thakur should never be allowed to play for India again. At least in ODIs.

I'd take a punt on Priyam Garg and get him into the side but the problem with that is, Kohli came into a side when everyone else in the XI was performing really well. Not sure if I'd risk bringing Garg into such a ****** side where Kohli uses random lineup generator for the batting order every game.

Daemon

Welp, didn't expect that at all.

Not that replacing Thakur would've made much of a difference but jfc literally everyone could see that him and Khaleel were not meant for this level, no idea whats taking the thinktank so long to figure it out.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Saini should be playing, not Shardul. It's frustrating that they pick an inferior bowler for some lower order batting comfort. Stupid stupid thing they keep repeating. Pick your best 4 bowlers ffs. It's not rocket science