• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brad Hodge WILL play for Australia in the next calender year

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
He would seriously have to if he keeps up his season form at the moment...

BJ Hodge 5 9 1 793 240 99.12 4 0 1 0

Fairly handy record, shows how he has matured over the last couple of years.

If he doesn't play at least a couple of ODI's I will go hee, especially since he is CA contracted now.

Thoughts?

masterblaster

International Captain
He very well could, I believe he is of International Quality. Certainly better than many cricketers in the past.

Waughney

International Debutant
He might have a chance if Lehman retires soon (which I have heard he has hinted at)

PY

International Coach
Eddie has a complex about Brad *Cheaty* Hodge who I think I'm right in saying took a catch on the boundary against his beloved Derbyshire and trod on the rope and didn't say anything to the umpires and the catch stood.

Am I right Eddie? :p

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's not a complex on my part at all - he's the one who's just a dirty piece of cheating filth.

Of course it's not serious - it stems from the days when I used to write the Devil Ducky column, taking the rise out of everyone and everything in cricket, especially those who took themselves too seriously.

It (the 'Cheaty-Hodge' thing) was more taking the mickey out of Dominic Cork. Don't just take my word for it (hell, no-one does anyway) - go back through the DD archives. The monicker 'Brad Cheaty-Hodge' stuck at the time, a bit like 'Steve Wayward-Harmison' and 'Inzamam Fat-git-who-ate-all-the-balti ul-Haq'.

Last edited:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
It's not a complex on my part at all - he's the one who's just a dirty piece of cheating filth.

sounds like a typical victorian ;)

i dont think Hodge will play for Australia in the next 12 months, considering Hussey played and ODI last year and Katich is also an excellent OD batsman... he will go close, but i dont think that he will quite get there...

Craig

World Traveller
Depend's if a spot becomes available or not.

I could see him getting a crack in the ODI team, whether he will or not, I do not know.

Waughney

International Debutant
Well, it looks like his best chance of playing (tests) has just passed him by. If Elliot plays well then he will find it even harder to grab a spot, even as a quick fit replacement.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Atm there are at least three men ahead ohf him in the race for a test spot.

Plundering county attacks wont mean anything if he dosent back it up in the Pura Cup , the selectors have shown recently in picking Elliott & Lehmann that volume of runs comes before age.

If he has an outstanding Pura Cup season and a spot comes up then he's every chance of grabbing it , however I personally dont like his chances.

Waughney

International Debutant
iamdavid said:
Plundering county attacks wont mean anything if he dosent back it up in the Pura Cup , the selectors have shown recently in picking Elliott & Lehmann that volume of runs comes before age.

If he has an outstanding Pura Cup season and a spot comes up then he's every chance of grabbing it , however I personally dont like his chances.
He did have an outstanding Pura cup season!!

Last edited:

iamdavid

International Debutant
Hoggy said:
About 4 in a row.
Nope.

2003/04 was a superb season , no doubts , but 2002/03 was pretty ordinary , at one stage he was even dropped from the Victorian team by Hookes but then recalled the day before the match because Darren Berry had been left out and there was noone else to captain (the alarm clock incident).

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hes a fine player, im not sure he will have a shot in either 1d or tests. theres simply too many other guys ahead of im in the que, i would have thought he was in front of elliott, but doesnt seem like he is.

Waughney

International Debutant
No Elliott is ahead, he had a great Pura cup last season and has been performing consistently in the past couple. Also he was in Australia at the time of selection, so it just worked out for him and not Hodge.