• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Let's say your nation reaches the final of the ICC test championship in June '21...

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Predict the side you will play in that match. Obviously just a variation on a predictor thread, but let's see who gets close:

For mine, Australia:

Warner
Renshaw
Labuschagne
Smith
Patterson
Head
Paine + *
Cummins
Starc
Hazelwood
Lyon

Basically Renshaw to come in for Burns, and Patterson for Wade. That's my guess at the actual XI. Other guys I'd expect to be thereabouts would be Pukovski, J.Richardson and Pattinson.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
01 David WARNER
02 Kurtis PATTERSON
03 Marnus LABUSCHAGNE
04 Steve SMITH
05 Travis HEAD
06 Mitch MARSH
07 Tim PAINE
08 James PATTINSON
09 Pat CUMMINS
10 Nathan LYON
11 Josh HAZLEWOOD

GREEN + CAREY + RICHARDSON + STARC + PUCOVSKI

Red

You see MMarsh making it back in and having an impact Nufan?

Don't mind the idea of Patterson opening up.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Opener is definitely our biggest problem and lets not forget that Warner is poor in England. The issue with KPat is that he isnt opening for NSW.

There arent many obvious batsman coming through. Perhaps Solway will be in the mix after another 1 1/2 of Shield.

Fast bowlers shouldnt be a problem.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agarwal
Rohit
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Pant
Jadeja
Bhuvneshwar
Ishant
Shami
Bumrah

They'll never pick Bhuvi but for any game in England, he'd be one of the first names on the team. Jadeja over Ashwin because he's a big game player, and have much more confidence in both his batting and bowling. Thought about Shaw over Rohit/Mayank and Saha over Pant too but meh.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
01 Dean ELGAR
02 Janneman MALAN
03 Zubayr HAMZA
04 Rassie VAN DER DUSSEN
05 Keegan PETERSEN
06 Wiaan MULDER
07 Quinton DE KOCK
08 Keshav MAHARAJ
09 Anrich NORTJE
10 Kasigo RABADA
11 Lungi NGIDI

Markram just misses out.

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
All looks to be fairly stable for Australia at the moment, which was unthinkable 12-18 months ago. Second opener is clearly the biggest concern, I would pretty much just say anyone but Bancroft at this stage. Patterson definitely next cab off the rank for the middle order, don't especially like the idea of him opening unless he starts doing it regularly for NSW and has some success in the role. Fast bowling will hopefully be the dream/meme quartet, I would have JRichardson and Green if he isn't broken as probably the others.

Still think Australia needs to be cautious AF with Pucovski, I just want to see him get through a solid uninterrupted run of Shield cricket first

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So another thread where India and Australia fans can bicker.

ataraxia

International Coach
Latham
Blundell - out of form
Williamson
Taylor - last test
Nicholls
Watling + last test
CDG - last test
Santner - terrible
Southee
Wagner
Boult

And everyone on CW saying Young or Conway to replace Blundell.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
01 Rory BURNS
02 Joe DENLY
03 Sam HAIN
04 Joe ROOT
05 Ben STOKES
06 Ollie POPE
07 Ben FOAKES
08 Sam CURRAN
09 Dom BESS
10 Jofra ARCHER
11 Stuart BROAD

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
At this point I dont mind. Look at the lineups playing Test Cricket today vs. 18 months ago.

Red

So another thread where India and Australia fans can bicker.
So just post your team and be done with it, instead of gathering in little packs like you sometimes do.