• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Ireland in West Indies 2019/20

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Ireland are in the Caribbean for some ODI's and T20's. I'm hoping we can build on our encouraging start under Pollard and Simmons.

The selectors announced 2 squads.

West Indies Squad

Kieron Pollard (Captain)
Sunil Ambris
Roston Chase
Sheldon Cottrell
Shimron Hetmyer
Shai Hope
Alzarri Joseph
Brandon King
Evin Lewis
Keemo Paul
Khary Pierre
Nicholas Pooran
Romario Shepherd
Hayden Walsh jr.

The big news is they're are sensibly resting Jason Holder. Otherwise it's the same team.

CWI President’s XI Squad (warm up)

Daren Bravo (Captain)
Sunil Ambris
Sheeno Berridge
Nkrumah Bonner
Dennis Bulli
Joshua DaSilva
Justin Greaves
Akeem Jordan
Brandon King
Yannick Ottley
Kieran Powell
Romario Shepherd
Oshane Thomas

Last edited by a moderator:

Beamer

MATCH SCHEDULE

Tue, Jan 7: 1st Colonial Medical Insurance One-Day International – Kensington Oval, Barbados

Thu, Jan 9: 2nd Colonial Medical Insurance One-Day International – Kensington Oval

Sun, Jan 12: 3rd Colonial Medical Insurance One-Day International – National Cricket Stadium, Grenada

Wed, Jan 15: 1st Twenty20 International – National Cricket Stadium

Sat, Jan 18: 2nd Twenty20 International – Warner Park, St. Kitts

Sun, Jan 19: 3rd Twenty20 International – Warner Park

Beamer

Ireland squads:

ODI's

Andrew Balbirnie (Captain), Mark Adair, Gareth Delany, Andrew McBrine, Barry McCarthy, James McCollum, Kevin O’Brien, William Porterfield, Boyd Rankin, Simi Singh, Paul Stirling, Lorcan Tucker, Gary Wilson, Craig Young.

T20I

Andrew Balbirnie (Captain), Mark Adair, Gareth Delany, George Dockrell, Josh Little, Barry McCarthy, Kevin O’Brien, Boyd Rankin, Simi Singh, Paul Stirling, Harry Tector, Lorcan Tucker, Gary Wilson, Craig Young

Beamer

I agree with you but I'm pretty sure they've decided his lack of mobility can be managed in tests but not in ODIs and T20.

Beamer

Was very hypocritical when they were still picking Ashley Nurse though.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, Dennis Bulli?

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Flem274*

123/5
i hope that irish swing bowler who played in the england test gets a tour. cant remember his name for the life of me but with a good coach he will be genuinely good by anyones standards, not just ireland.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Colonial Medical Insurance is definitely one of my favourite medical insurance companies.

For those playing at home, watch out for Mark 'truth' Adair.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I legit didnt even read your post until after id submitted mine. So yeah haha, I agree.

He actually isnt the worst batsman either. He hasnt yet shown it, but is definitely a bowling all rounder.

Beamer

You obviously have seen a fair bit more of him than me, but from what I've seen he is absolutely horrendous. Can barely land them on the cut surface
Definitely not international class because of his lack of control, bit he's pretty good when he gets it right and has good variations.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Definitely not international class because of his lack of control, bit he's pretty good when he gets it right and has good variations.
Fair enough then. Having have only seen a little bit myself I am definitely willing to take your word on this one

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bulli had that one good game against us (Guyana Jaguars) in the last FC Season, I think he took 3 wickets., Wasn't that special.

He was replaced by Akim Frazier in the next game and he made a mark right away. Taking 8 wickets in the game...Jamaica Scorpions trounced us by 8 wickets.

Beamer

He has definitely been more effective in List A, he's not s 4 day prospect at all. Frazier is however.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Colonial Medical Insurance is definitely one of my favourite medical insurance companies.

For those playing at home, watch out for Mark 'truth' Adair.
extremely good* name for a company operating in the Caribbean

aanyway i hope this is on the yubtubs