• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grand Slam Draft Tournament

Teuton

International Captain
Lol.. Ankit, did you not figure out Teuton would have had someone in mind when he said William (or a word that means that) as first middle or last name ? :p
We will need plenty of middle names to get to 22 quality players.

I didn't actually know that was steyn's middle name when I set the rules but I have since looked up the middle names of most of the good players with middle initial W.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Lol.. Ankit, did you not figure out Teuton would have had someone in mind when he said William (or a word that means that) as first middle or last name ? :p
I am so going to lose this. I should not have handed it over to Teuton to set parameters. I can't think of enough variations of William. And I don't tend to remember middle names, nor is it easy to get them by Googling.

Anyways, I will take Bill Johnston.

Teuton

International Captain
I am so going to lose this. I should not have handed it over to Teuton to set parameters. I can't think of enough variations of William. And I don't tend to remember middle names, nor is it easy to get them by Googling.

Anyways, I will take Bill Johnston.
Nobody remembers middle names. I just scanned through a long list of good players since most stats list players initials and googled any with a middle initial of W, it was easy (one at a time). About half were William's.

My next pick is Maurice William Tate.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
vs Brumby: one-team men, cricketers who have played international cricket while representing only one domestic team at first-class level

For these purposes, I'll be counting teams that compete in regular first-class (or equivalent for shorter-form cricket) competitions. So minor counties, universities, and Gentlemen/Players are out, but the Pakistani company teams and regional teams count as two, as does the zonal teams and state teams in India.

Happy to delay the start a bit due to any festivities in France
Empire of the One

1) JB Hobbs (Surrey and England)

ataraxia

International Coach
Teuton, NUFAN, Magrat, jimmy, and hb are all currently up with picks.

JOJOXI and morgieb are still to make toss choices.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Stanley Jackson

In the professional era and not missing tours for 'business reasons' would have increased the legend that is.

Tim Bresnan XI
01 Herbert SUTCLIFFE
04 Sachin TENDULKAR
06 Stanley JACKSON
07 Wilfred RHODES
09 Jason GILLESPIE
10 Fred TRUEMAN

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
You know I had no idea I stayed nearly a week in Yorkshire when I worked at the Crucible all those years ago. I didnt think the county went so far south.

#funfact

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
You know I had no idea I stayed nearly a week in Yorkshire when I worked at the Crucible all those years ago. I didnt think the county went so far south.

#funfact
Tbf I think even Yorkshire is faintly embarrassed about South Yorkshire so it's kept quiet.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Please correct me if I'm wrong but players 23 and under for my draft if that's possible please and I'll pick second?