• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grand Slam Draft Tournament

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Congrats AndrewB. Mainly for some wonderful drafting. Slightly for the fact that I can now tell I would have won or at least made the later rounds if I was not drawn against you in the first round. :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, fair play to Bandy and hardlines to Noofs. Would've been nice to say the champion knocked me out, but it wasn't to be.

Thanks to Jimmy for a well run draft and the original idea. Been a lot of fun. :)

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Sweet, thats totally fair.

I do agree my 8-11 is very weak. I would just have to have faith that ABs tail wouldnt perform. Just being completely honest here, I dont think I have a good enough bowling unit to skittle thru opposition so id have to back my top 7 to score good runs. ABs quicks are more likely to dominate against weaker batters/tail.

I personally rate my top 7 more but yeah they are going to have to face better bowlers.

Perhaps my team would perform better overs 40-80 when the shine has gone off the new ball?

If you can imagine Chandra and Underwood bowling unchanged all session it starts getting interesting, but id select Amdrew's team if I was voting.

I lost it when I allowed his 3 quicks in consecutive picks.
Yeah, I spotted there weren't many top pace bowlers available so grabbed them while I could.

Thanks to jimmy101 for the draft, and to honestbharani, milenko47, Marcuss and NUFAN for 4 very close match-ups.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks everyone. I'm glad to hear you had some fun with the concept. Might be fun to bring this back to life a few months down the track.