• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Big Bash League 2019/20

Jukesy

Cricket Spectator
Some awesome international players have been signed for this years tournament.
Going to be unreal!
Go the Stars !!

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They've shortened the tournament this year? Felt like it went on for about 4 months last time.

aussie tragic

International Captain
The Heat missing some pretty big squad members for first game (Labuschagne, Pattinson, AB de Villiers and Burns)

Shady Slim

International Coach
thinking stars to win it, homer pick has me saying sixers the runners up, and i’ll say maxwell mvp. coming back very motivated and not likely to feature in the international setup

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Honestly finding it tricky to pick a winner. Ive found reasons not to pick each team. Shaun Marsh seems like a big in for the Gades.

Ive put on a multi for Weatherald Lynn McDermott Maddinson SMarsh Bancroft Khawaja Phillippe to top score for each team.

Spark

Global Moderator
God ****ing damn I hope this one is higher quality than the last few editions. Became unwatchable at times last year.

aussie tragic

International Captain
I gave up watching half way through the season last year as the BBL was way too long. I know it's slightly shorter this year but not sure it'll make that much of an improvement.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
banton to top score for the heat and cost nufan everything
It could happen but I didnt go Banton as he will leave to South Africa before the season ends.

McDermott (Short) and Philippe (Hughes/Henriques) are the ones im most nervous about.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Will Pope make the Sixers XI?

Tonights game should be closer than odds suggest. Teams are kinda similar.

Banton v Hales, Khawaja v Lynn, Cutting v Sams and the bowling units seem to be missing that quick who can take a bunch of wickets.

I havent created a fantasy team yet but I can see why Vaughan is going the overseas talent.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bowling is much harder but ive gone

Sams Swepson Abbott Jordan KRichardson Meredith Coulter-Nile RashidKhan

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
The Thunder only picking 5 genuine batsman is a pretty bizarre choice. Its risky to rely on bowling allrounders like Green, Sams and McAndrew to pull their weight with the bat

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
more odd is Ferguson being captain over Usman imo. I don't think they have any other batsmen beyond Sangha

https://www.sydneythunder.com.au/news/thunder-squad-opening-match-bbl09/2019-12-16

Didn't know this part of the rules

Another former Thunder development rookie, fast bowler Liam Hatcher, was named in the squad to travel to Brisbane after the BBL's Technical Committee rubber-stamped the club's request to sign him as an injury replacement player for Gurinder Sandhu.

Under the tournament's rules, Hatcher will need to either play in the starting XI or be selected as 12th man against the Heat.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah just looking at the squads and Thunder wont be the only team relying on more traditional bowling all rounders in the middle order.

I think with Khawaja and Ferguson in the top 3, theyll expect one of them to bat through and then having the likes of Sams and Green to have a wack late will be completely fine.