• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Big Bash League 2019/20

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm not a Lynn fan by any measure but how is being a "flat track bully" remotely an issue in T20s?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just checked and he won player of the tournament in both 15/16 and 16/17

In 16/17 he scored 300 runs in 5 innings @ 150 striking @ 177. That was enough for player of the tournament

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Jukesy, I think your comment that we saw the 2 weakest teams is a hit but the Lynn myth opinion is a big miss.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
His stats are surprisingly poor, but I've seen Jimmy Peirson play some decent knocks in previous seasons. I would have probably found room for him in the XI, even if Banton is the chosen keeper.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
There certainly was a stretch where Lynn was brilliant, played a couple of phenomenal knocks for the Heat. Selecting him at that point in time was fair enough but he was largely unable to reproduce that form internationally

Should have never been even remotely close to the 50 over side though

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
in the first innings of the 1018 T20I's played since 2005, the average balls faced by number 7 in an innings is 7.2 balls. This figure is total balls divided by total matches. If you change it to total balls divided by total innings, so removing the 10% of matches where the number 7 wasn't required to bat at all, they face 8.6

in the second innings of the 1008 T20I's played since 2005, the average balls faced by number 7 in an innings is 6.4 balls. This figure is total balls divided by total matches. If you change it to total balls divided by total innings, so removing the 35% of matches where the number 7 wasn't required to bat at all, they face 9.7 balls

there's no great way to measure how often the 6th bowler is called upon (because sometimes they're used at the top, etc) but in the first 10 games of last season's BBL, again in the first innings (to exclude early finishes, etc), 8 of 10 innings used 6 bowlers. Of those two, one was reduced to 19 overs (Heat the bowling team) and the other one was the only case of a team being bowled out (Scorchers). Often two bowlers bowled 2 overs to make up the 4, sometimes it's just one over.

So the 6th bowler basically bowls 6 to 12 balls. And the 6th batsman faces 6 to 12 balls.

last night's teams both had keepers who legitimately deserve a place in their top 5. last night's teams did not have bowling options in their top 5. (sorry Renshaw, this might change). this means each team basically had a "extra" spot in their team because they don't need to cram in a keeper at 7, but they only had the strict 5 bowling options. therefore they used the extra spot to pick the 6th bowling option. in the case of the Thunder, 3 of their bowling options can bat a bit (Sams, Green, Nair). In Brisbane's case, it was Cutting and Steketee (and Steketee Can Bat - he's got FC 50's, has cleared the fence a fair few times and didn't embarrass himself last night). I think Steketee at 7 is fine given they don't have an all-rounder to fit in. So would you rather Steketee face 6 balls or Renshaw bowl 1 or 2 overs. It's much the same imo. I think the much bigger Steketee problem was that he bowled out while Swepson bowled only 2. And of course the much much bigger problem was that Brisbane's top 5 flamed out

Last edited:

Gnske

Mark Waugh's hairline has suffered a major defeat since last BBL season I see

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Spikey, I do like that stat. Perhaps if they were better bats, they'd face more balls though.

Good to see Dwarshuis back.

Gnske

That must have been the contrarian in the umpire thinking during that decision

Gnske

Does that count as yet another legside dismissal?

See Thierry, spinning the ball is a useless trait in this comp.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Every team so far has lost 3 wickets during the power play.

Therefore, we arent going to have a BBL winner this year, sorry guys.

Edit - comms mentioning it now.