• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Big Bash League 2019/20

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Turning the ball is for plebs as we've learned over the last few years of T20 cricket. Especially in the Bash.

Peg it in, vary pace and you will receive wickets.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Turning the ball is for plebs as we've learned over the last few years of T20 cricket. Especially in the Bash.

Peg it in, vary pace and you will receive wickets.
Heat missed a trick in not playing Gannon.

tony p

First Class Debutant
what have we learnt from the first game tonight.

umpiring as good as usual. if we can waste 90 seconds for pointless timeouts, we can have time for 1 drs per team instead.

heat's gameplan as usual, see how many players can be caught on the boundary, don't look for singles, play lots of dot balls.

the poorer team on paper won.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I like the Heat but they are far too top-heavy and Steketee definitely isn't a number 7. Could do with holding back Renshaw as he can go really big or bring Prestwidge in. Will be interesting to see how they go

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Also Ferguson outclassed Lynn last night.

Won the toss, played a perfect knock, caught Lynn and just looked far more involved in the field, making good bowling decisions.

The Steketee 4th over was odd and can anyone explain why Swepson only bowled 2 overs?

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Lynn's captaincy wasn't flash at all, agree that not bowling Swepson more was a definite error, he looked more dangerous than any of their pace options. Ferg used his slow bowling options far more effectively

In general I still think this Heat bowling lineup leaves a fair bit to be desired. On paper Laughlin was a good pickup, was a touch disappointed he left the Strikers, but there were signs towards the end of last season his death bowling prowess is starting to wane. But other than he of bendy elbow, they don't seem to have any other pace options

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I like the Heat but they are far too top-heavy and Steketee definitely isn't a number 7. Could do with holding back Renshaw as he can go really big or bring Prestwidge in. Will be interesting to see how they go
This has been a trend in the Big Bash lately, sides stack the bowling and end up with really long tails. I don't like it, surely you get more out of another genuine batsman than a 6th bowler.

mr_mister

This has been a trend in the Big Bash lately, sides stack the bowling and end up with really long tails. I don't like it, surely you get more out of another genuine batsman than a 6th bowler.
I feel like a 6th bowler can be gold if one of your main 5 is getting creamed. You don't have to reluctantly give a guy going at 0/30 off 2 a 3rd over

With the long tails you'd hope ideally your top 5 can last close to 20 overs right

Jukesy

Cricket Spectator
Lynn is a myth in my opinion. Flat Track Bully and also can't field to save his life.

I believe last night we seen the two worst teams in the comp start off the series.

mr_mister

He's badly out of form but a couple of seasons ago he had the best t20 domestic season id witnessed til maybe Russell last IPL

Lynn was middling every ball he hit