• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies Championship 4-Day Tournament (2020)

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I'm delighted with this season so far to be honest. We have Holder and Smith offering pace and movement, Alzarri Joseph taking wickets and some really good cricket pitches.

All we want to see now is more runs for the likes of Tage, Solozano, Bravo, Da Silva and King.

Even better would be some 4 day appearances for Hety and Pooran.

The big question for me is what to do with Kraigg if he continues to look like a walking wicket?

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm delighted with this season so far to be honest. We have Holder and Smith offering pace and movement, Alzarri Joseph taking wickets and some really good cricket pitches.

All we want to see now is more runs for the likes of Tage, Solozano, Bravo, Da Silva and King.

Even better would be some 4 day appearances for Hety and Pooran.

The big question for me is what to do with Kraigg if he continues to look like a walking wicket?
Most definitely. Sheeno Berridge, Keon Joseph, and even Kemar Roach all being impressive.
I like the way pace is making a comeback in our domestic cricket.
In the spinning front, Veerasammy Permaul continues to dominate...while it's been good to see Bryan Charles and Akeal Hosein among the wickets. I think Shillingford took a bag of wickets in the first round. But we are way past him.
Some of the batsmen are showing signs of sticking in. Kyle Mayers, Tage, Paul Palmer, even Amir Jangoo.
Keagan Simmons and Jeremy Solozano need to adapt to the conditions. I like them as TT's openers. Young guys with massive potentials.
I agree. Need to inject Hetmyer and Pooran into the competition. It would have been great if we had them for they encounter at Providence.
I don't know if it's captaincy pressure that's affecting Kraigg's batting. He needs a boost of confidence. Barbados should give the captaincy to Dowrich.

SillyCowCorner1

After a week's break, the competition continues tomorrow with the following matchups:

Guyana Jaguars versus Jamaica Scorpions at Providence

Leeward Islands Hurricanes versus Barbados Pride at Warner Park

Windward Islands Volcanoes versus Trinidad and Tobago Red Steel at Windsor Park.

All matches start at 10:00AM Local time.

SillyCowCorner1

Guyana Jaguars squad for this round...Raymon Reifer makes a return...still no signs of Hetmyer...which is ******* up. Ah gyal ah protect he fah the IPL lol:

Guyana Jaguars: Leon Johnson (captain), Vishaul Singh, Anthony Bramble, Chandrapaul Hemraj, Tagenarine Chanderpaul, Christopher Barnwell, Tevin Imlach, Raymon Reifer, Kevin Sinclair, Veerasammy Permaul, Devendra Bishoo, Keon Joseph and Nial Smith.

JOJOXI

After a week's break, the competition continues tomorrow with the following matchups:

Guyana Jaguars versus Jamaica Scorpions at Providence

Leeward Islands Hurricanes versus Barbados Pride at Warner Park

Windward Islands Volcanoes versus Trinidad and Tobago Red Steel at Windsor Park.

All matches start at 10:00AM Local time.
Funnily enough was just on Windies Cricket page reading previews as you posted that but should be an interesting round. Can't see my team Jamaica achieving much vs Guyana unfortunately. On an aside what do we think of Daniel St.Clair? See he's been drafted into Trinidad squad for upcoming match. Not by any means suggesting he should be in the West Indies squad or is on the periphery but his record is pretty good and the little bits I've seen of him he's always seemed decent if not amazing.

SillyCowCorner1

Funnily enough was just on Windies Cricket page reading previews as you posted that but should be an interesting round. Can't see my team Jamaica achieving much vs Guyana unfortunately. On an aside what do we think of Daniel St.Clair? See he's been drafted into Trinidad squad for upcoming match. Not by any means suggesting he should be in the West Indies squad or is on the periphery but his record is pretty good and the little bits I've seen of him he's always seemed decent if not amazing.
I do hope Jamaica put up a fight, it's about time a team took the initiative against us at Providence. Jamaica got some good top order batsmen.

Daniel Saint Claire. Hmm, I saw a bit of him last year. I am inclined to put him into the same category as Bryan Charles. TT needs to work on their development of spinners. Saint Claire is no spring fowl tho...he's 32.

SillyCowCorner1

Probable Jamaican starting XI:

John Campbell
Assad Fudadin
Paul Palmer
N'Kruma Bonner
Jermaine Blackwood
Pete Salmon
Dennis Smith
Derval Green
Marquino Mindley
Nicholson Gordon
Patrick Harty.

Pete Salmon set to make his debut. Really hoping that Paul Palmer goes big this round. So much talent.

JOJOXI

Guyana Jaguars squad for this round...Raymon Reifer makes a return...still no signs of Hetmyer...which is ******* up. Ah gyal ah protect he fah the IPL lol:

Guyana Jaguars: Leon Johnson (captain), Vishaul Singh, Anthony Bramble, Chandrapaul Hemraj, Tagenarine Chanderpaul, Christopher Barnwell, Tevin Imlach, Raymon Reifer, Kevin Sinclair, Veerasammy Permaul, Devendra Bishoo, Keon Joseph and Nial Smith.
Can obiviously understand the pacers like Roach being managed, he's been rested for this round but agree that it would be best for the competition and for the West Indies to have the strongest possible
lineups in the domestic competition. That should mean all batsman at the least who aren't playing internationally being available for their squads.

SillyCowCorner1

Can obiviously understand the pacers like Roach being managed, he's been rested for this round but agree that it would be best for the competition and for the West Indies to have the strongest possible
lineups in the domestic competition. That should mean all batsman at the least who aren't playing internationally being available for their squads.
I agree with this. We need our best players to be playing in this competition. Our test players...all of them...who are not gonna tour Sri Lanka.
I have been pleased with the way the Barbados Pride have been injected current test players in their team this season...they are practical. I admire that. Shane Dowrich playing all the matches makes it even better.

I do hope to see some of the members of the WI under-19 squad playing in the impending rounds.

SillyCowCorner1

Jamaica after winning the toss and batting first...the end of the first hour.

Jamaica Scorpions are 19/2 after 13 overs. They have lost both openers Campbell and Fudadin(3)

Kevin Sinclair with one wicket; Raymond Reifer with the other wicket.

SillyCowCorner1

Prior to the lunch interval Nial Smith was bowling around the wicket to the left handed Palmer. He was not getting his lines right; he even bowled a no ball.

After the lunch interval, Smith went back over the wicket to Palmer and dismissed Palmer with a beautiful delivery that angled from left to right and knocked the top of off stump. It was just the 3rd ball after lunch. Just gripping. The joint leading wicket taker of the tournament getting one of the top run scorers of the tournament.

Pacers getting wickets in this competition should do it very good.
The bowling points is composed of fast bowling wickets inside the first 110 overs. Something that I like...and have been exposed to in ICC cricket game.

SillyCowCorner1

So we got Jamaica dismissed for 187. Jermaine Blackwood topscored with 81(181; 10x4), Nkruma Bonner with 29(77, 5x4). No other batsmen reached 20. Bowling for the Jaguars, Permaul with figures of 21.5-8-34-4, Barnwell 7-2-16-2, Nial Smith 16-4-50-2, and 1 wicket a piece for Sinclair and Reifer.

Guyana are 17/0. Hemraj on 13(24, 1x4), and Tage on 4(24, 1x4). Jamaica opened with bowling with Pete Salmon

SillyCowCorner1

Jamaica have made inroads in the first session taking 3 wickets.

Tage went for 5 (46)
Hemraj 38 (68)
Captain Johnson 6 (21)

The debutant Pete Salmon(14-4-25-1) dismissed Tage, while Derval Green (6-2-9-2) took the wickets of the other two batsmen.

Guyana are 62/3. Trailing by 125.
An excellent match shaping up.

SillyCowCorner1

Over at St. Kitts Barbados have managed to get half of the Leewards side back in the pavilion. Kieran Powell showing great resiliency though. He's brought up his half-century, but needs someone to stay with him and build a partnership. They are currently 105/5

For Barbados, Camarie Boyce with 3 wickets, and Ashley Nurse with 2 wickets.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Over at St. Kitts Barbados have managed to get half of the Leewards side back in the pavilion. Kieran Powell showing great resiliency though. He's brought up his half-century, but needs someone to stay with him and build a partnership. They are currently 105/5

For Barbados, Camarie Boyce with 3 wickets, and Ashley Nurse with 2 wickets.
is it a 3-day match now?

SillyCowCorner1

is it a 3-day match now?
No, they just moved it by one day because of the incident yesterday. It's still 4 days. I haven't heard if they have reduced the number of days. But what I have heard from Windies cricket is that it was postponed, and scheduled to start today...which is currently underway.