• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies Championship 4-Day Tournament (2020)

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Spin being introduced into the attack by the Jaguars after 35 overs. That must be a record of sorts. The pacers have made inroads. Half of the Leewards side back in the hut.

SillyCowCorner1

Jahmar Hamilton and Jacques Taylor flew off the ground at the just slightest of drizzles.

Five overs were left in the day. Looks like they will not be bowled.

Leewards 125/5 after 39 overs.

ataraxia

International Coach
On a different match, Jamaica really just failed to break a partnership in that T&T innings, which included Keegan Simmons stepping up on debut. Patrick Harty had a big workload in his first innings of FC cricket, albeit dampened by Jamaica bowling 9 bowlers in true West Indies fashion.

Also nice to see that presumably a relative of Clyde, Tevyn Walcott is playing as the Barbados keeper. Grandson I presume? Sir Clyde did have a son who played FC cricket.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
A 6-wicket haul for Niall Smith. Guyana bring the pace this year.

Leewards are following on.

Go Jaguars!
I haven't been as excited about a debut performance for a long time. I can actually see a bit of Dennis Lillee in his run up and Waqar in his action.

Pace and swing and stumps flying. Let's see if he can keep it going in his other matches, but he's certainly one to watch.

Beamer

On a different match, Jamaica really just failed to break a partnership in that T&T innings, which included Keegan Simmons stepping up on debut. Patrick Harty had a big workload in his first innings of FC cricket, albeit dampened by Jamaica bowling 9 bowlers in true West Indies fashion.

Also nice to see that presumably a relative of Clyde, Tevyn Walcott is playing as the Barbados keeper. Grandson I presume? Sir Clyde did have a son who played FC cricket.
I'm not sure about Tevyn, but I know it's often dangerous to assume people are related in Barbados where some surnames are so prevalent.

Jamaica's attack was seriously pop gun yesterday. Nothing more than medium pace and non-spin.

SillyCowCorner1

I haven't been as excited about a debut performance for a long time. I can actually see a bit of Dennis Lillee in his run up and Waqar in his action.

Pace and swing and stumps flying. Let's see if he can keep it going in his other matches, but he's certainly one to watch.
I do like his run up as well. I did mention last night that he reminds me of two former Pakistani fast bowlers. Lol

He got the goods. Should be handled carefully. It's a good thing having a former pacer in coach (Esaun Crandon).

SillyCowCorner1

Kieran Powell is showing his 'class' here. An authoritative knock thus far.

Leewards are hitting back. No wickets lost yet, being asked to follow on.

Beamer

I believe Nial Smith will be bowling at the Kensington Oval on Thursday this week. I can't wait to see how he fares on a pitch with pace and bounce.

SillyCowCorner1

I believe Nial Smith will be bowling at the Kensington Oval on Thursday this week. I can't wait to see how he fares on a pitch with pace and bounce.
One just hopes that he continues to be consistent and not fall away after one good match. He's got a good support staff behind him.
I think Keemo Paul might play in this game if fit.

Bishoo needs a break.

SillyCowCorner1

Roach with all 3 of the Jaguars wickets to fall.
Looks to be his best.

Tage battling. 18 (84)
Barnwell on 32 (50)