• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa 2019/20

andmark

International Captain
Best wishes to Stokes's father and his family and friends at this bad time. I hope everything goes as well as possible.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Agnew “expects England to win”. Hard to see why given the party is full of unproven players, illness and injury, plus Ben Stokes family problems. The preparation has been poor and the tour of New Zealand was dire. South Africa might be at a low ebb, but if they don’t win a home series against this England team they should have Test status removed (slight exaggeration perhaps).
Expecting talkSPORT radio coverage to be terrible as well.
Merry Christmas.

SeamUp

International Coach
Think this is how they will line up.

Elgar, Markram, Hamza, du Plessis, van der Dussen, de Kock, Pretorius, Philander, Maharaj, Rabada, Nortje

Sibley, Burns, Denly, Root, Stokes, Buttler, S.Curran, Archer, Leach, Broad, Anderson

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Bairstow in for Leach there I reckon is the likeliest team. Can't see Leach playing at all. Didn't train again today ( along with Pope and Woakes), didn't play the warmup games, didn't play the last test England played.

SeamUp

International Coach
Bairstow in for Leach there I reckon is the likeliest team. Can't see Leach playing at all. Didn't train again today ( along with Pope and Woakes), didn't play the warmup games, didn't play the last test England played.
That does sound more likely from the weeks build up.

Was going by the cricinfo article saying they have to decide between Archer and Leach to bat 8.

EDIT : What about Ollie Pope ?

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Balancing sleep for this and watching NZL v AUS.

34 degrees in Pretoria tomorrow. Hope there is a good crowd in. Heard a few weeks back, one section was sold out for day 1 which is a good sign.

SeamUp

International Coach
Rain over night in Pretoria but supposedly nothing to effect the cricket today with any seriousness. Drainage always been good there.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Very slight drizzle this morning when I took the dog for his walk. Nothing that would take you off the field, totally stopped now. Already 25 degrees .

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Woakes, Leach and Pope officially ruled out of selection. Didn't travel to the ground.

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Will Faf ever win a toss again?

About the best we could have hoped for from a Test selection. Would have preferred extra batsmen over Pretorius but was never going to happen.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Keen to see how Nortje goes this series. I suspect well.

The pitch looks nice for bowling, Anderson will like it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Think Saf will take the series but England may nick a test. Expect Markram to come of age as a batsman and score loads.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As if there hasn't been enough injury and illness a cameraman seems to have fallen over along the boundary and injured himself pretty badly