• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa 2019/20

Rasimione

U19 Captain
I'm starting to think there's a lack of good quality coaching in domestic level. Far too many of our players keep getting gifting wickets to bowlers.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not pretty but he does have a bit of a strong character about him and is a positive batsmen. Knows his game and knows the tempo he bats at.

Thing is, Pieter Malan averages 7 for SA A after 5 games. Can they really think he could step up ? Moore unfortunately hasn't been afforded SA A opportunity but he is a good age and his franchise record is better than provincial & starting to peak.
They definitely picked the wrong brother. Janneman has clearly the more convincing case IMO.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
England have certainly made the ball talk this morning.

Feels like a wicket can fall at any time. No real need to be playing most of these deliveries.

Last edited:

Bahseph

State Captain
For all the crap the England side gets, this South African team also looks really bad. At least in terms of batting.
I think England get more stick because of selection and perceived white ball priorities. But SA really don't have many guns at the moment. Especially with the allrounder at 7.

SeamUp

International Coach
Besides Elgar, Faf and de Kock all our other top 7 have less than 4 tests and all have much to convince.

Elgar and Faf have been dropping off whilst QdK is the only one on the upward curve.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
I think England get more stick because of selection and perceived white ball priorities. But SA really don't have many guns at the moment. Especially with the allrounder at 7.
That's the thing. Root is criticised but he is still an elite batsmen. We don't have that.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah SA I think are more in the position we were in a few years back: a straightforward lack of talent.

SeamUp

International Coach
They definitely picked the wrong brother. Janneman has clearly the more convincing case IMO.
That is for sure. Whilst Janneman has deficiencies I still reckon if you slightly off he will punish you whether it is club cricket or test cricket. He has that confidence about him and it is something you pick up by watching him.