• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa 2019/20

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I don't know how I feel about England losing wickets to Andile... pleased that they are struggling against him or worried SA make actually select him in the Test side because of...

SeamUp

International Coach
I don't know how I feel about England losing wickets to Andile... pleased that they are struggling against him or worried SA make actually select him in the Test side because of...
I know what you mean.

This SA A attack has massive limitations. Their ceiling probably won't get high enough to be SA test players anytime soon or if ever.

SeamUp

International Coach
If Markram doesn't play, please call-up Eddie Moore to debut...

Ivan Henn
Malan has dropped both Root and Stokes today. #SAAvsEng #SAvsENG

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I'd say it's more likely than not that England play 5 seamers (and no spinner) again this first test as a result of all the illnesses.

Leach dropped previous test and ill, Parkinson got smacked around in the first warmup game.

Which seamers to pick though?

It's going to be hard to pick Archer or Broad if they don't have a bowl in the next couple of days. Anderson is massively lacking in match practice and won't be able to bowl lots of over if selected in the test match. They will probably pick 2 out of Archer, Broad and Anderson.

Woakes is somehow the most likely pick out of all the seamers (bar Stokes) as a result of having played the first warmup, and bowling quite nicely in the last test in NZ.

SeamUp

International Coach
Pieter Malan was so weak in defence there from one that came back in from Stokes. He even positioned himself well to play it but it came back in between the gate to knock top of off.

Come on Rudi Second !!!

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Petersen can be such a pretty player to watch.
Taking his opportunity with both hands.

One wonders what he and Moore did to be on SA A tour to India and stay on the bench after the others kept failing.

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
One wonders what he and Moore did to be on SA A tour to India and stay on the bench after the others kept failing.
The SA A batting line looks pretty solid though. Still lots of talent in this country.

I do wonder what Brand has done to leap frog some of those players though.

SeamUp

International Coach
The SA A batting line looks pretty solid though. Still lots of talent in this country.

I do wonder what Brand has done to leap frog some of those players though.
Supposedly Pite van Biljon had flu and Theunis has an injury so with the 4-day games started around the country they called in guys from nearby.

SeamUp

International Coach
Verreynne batting like he is "well above average". No qualms facing England and scoring a run-ball 50 without breaking sweat trying to clear the ropes or anything.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Is South Africa likely to have de Kock at 6 or 7? I have a feeling they'll go 5 bats, keeper, all rounder, 3 quicks and a spinner.