• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa 2019/20

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
btw I read earlier that Philander has signed a three-year Kolpak deal with Somerset. Has anyone else heard that one?
He is almost certainly going kolpak, and yes I read that Somerset was the front runner... not sure if final decision made/contract signed.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Archer should be bowling now. A contest and taking an ego hit is what fires him up.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This partnership is well past 'slightly frustrating' and into 'properly annoying'.
Imagine this but it's a plucky tailender in his debut series doing it in every innings. ****ing Sam Curran. Didn't even do well for me in the CWPL either the ****.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Does not look like it... make more sense of the selection and why Eng went in with 4 seamers and no spinner.
Yeah for mine this team is absolutely stupid if Stokes is fit to bowl, but if he's not I would've picked the exact same team.

There is a third possibility though -- that he's perfectly fit to bowl and they've just decided not to bowl him anyway to let him focus on batting or something. Which is even stupider IMO.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Archer is already only in the team for what he might do rather than what he actually does. Another wretched performance so far.