• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best losing performance you have seen?

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not even the best losing performance by an Australian in odis.

Nathan bracken took 5 wickets for 67 in his 10 overs in the 438 game.
That was a pretty epic performance but who else has hit 140 and taken 3 wickets in a losing cause?

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Last edited:

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Mankad batted 408 minutes in the match and went on to bowl 97 overs. An effort of gargantuan proportions. What a hero !

stephen

I was implying ODIs and not tests. Very few players appear on the 100 runs + 4 wickets list. I know Stoinis only got three wickets but having one of the top 20 highest scores in an ODI loss combined with the best bowling figures for his side is insane.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For ODI performances, Jadeja in the recent WC SF must be up there.

mr_mister

I was implying ODIs and not tests. Very few players appear on the 100 runs + 4 wickets list. I know Stoinis only got three wickets but having one of the top 20 highest scores in an ODI loss combined with the best bowling figures for his side is insane.
It was the way he got them too. Essentially Ben Stokes/Perera style but just fell short

vcs

Warner played a brilliant knock against SA in this WC. Pretty much kept them in it single-handedly. And oh, Braithwaite against the Kiwis was awesome too.

vcs

Starc against NZ in the group game in WC 2015. Brought them back into it from absolutely nowhere.

vcs

This is one of Tendulkar's best ever knocks, was scoring well above 50% of the team's runs when he got out. Genius strokeplay.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
My all time favourite. Perfectly epitomizes Indian ODI cricket in 90s. India was 60/2 in 12.1 overs when Tendulkar got his 50 in 41 balls with 8 fours and 1 six.

Last edited: