• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bob Willis passes away

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bloody hell. He was definitely doing the Ashes summaries on Sky after play for this year's series.

Bless his heart; one of the greats. Vale big man. :(

Shri

Mr. Glass
i specifically watched live strams during india's tour of england some year for his post session insights:laugh:

rip

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Shri's thread is in the similar threads tab so I checked it out and every single video is blocked in the UK by Sky. I guess just stopping people watching cricket isn't enough, they have to stop us enjoying a couple of minutes of a Bob Willis rant too.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Surely that's Broad's 8/15?

Just spotted the news on a TV screen in the pub, wasn't aware he was even ill. 70 is no age to go these days.
No. Willis way ahead. 56-1 when he switched ends, chasing only 130. Much greater pressure than Broad’s spell. I wasn’t aware of the “long illness”. The only genuinely quick bowler England produced in the 70’s. If he, Snow and Alan Ward could have stayed fit it would have been a great attack.