• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do your parents like Cricket?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Got into cricket because of my dad back in the day when he would follow cricket on radio. Later watched lot of games on TV with him. Used to discuss a lot with him and thought he knows a lot about cricket. But as time went by I figured he didn't quite know much. Funniest thing I remember is how he thought the only good length for a bowler - spinner or pacer - was yorker. So if a batsman played a cracking front foot drive, he would say the bowler bowled it too short meaning to say that he was short of yorker length. LOL. But full marks for his passion.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Not really but my mom's elder brother was a district player growing up and was on the fringes of getting selected to represent Tamil Nadu in the 70s. No money to bribe anyone so he did other stuff with his life.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Dad actually got me into it, then he got mad that that's all I was doing for the day and cut off our cable for like 2 years. :laugh:

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
At the half way mark of the 2003 WC final, me and my brother wanted to switch off the TV. My father didn't allow us, ordering us not to move from the place. Neither does he understand this **** game nor did he bother to know who batted first. So me and my brother were looking at each other, what the **** is going on ?

Flem274*

123/5
dad loves it, mum will watch the end of a tight odi but otherwise thinks its stupid they play 5 days for a draw.

Bijed

International Regular
Yeah my dad loves it and it's because of him that I got into it. My mum doesn't really like it but often surprises me knowing stuff that happened in internationals recently

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My dad hates all sports except surfing
Mum loves them all though, probably coz she grew up with 6 brothers. She loves Smith

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
At the half way mark of the 2003 WC final, me and my brother wanted to switch off the TV. My father didn't allow us, ordering us not to move from the place. Neither does he understand this **** game nor did he bother to know who batted first. So me and my brother were looking at each other, what the **** is going on ?
Your dad owns

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I was named Allan earlier by my dad who was an avid Allan Border lover. He was totally a cricket lover and possibly passed on those genes to me. He passed away when I was 3 years old. I had that name officially for 10 years, then re-christened with a new name now but my old friends still call me Allan.

cnerd123

likes this

watching that final from start to finish builds character

i still carry those scars

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Should have given the trophy to whichever team hit the most boundaries in the second innings that year imo.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
TIL someone actually changed their name coz they were named after Allan Border. Won't ever happen with the real AB TBH.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was named Allan earlier by my dad who was an avid Allan Border lover. He was totally a cricket lover and possibly passed on those genes to me. He passed away when I was 3 years old. I had that name officially for 10 years, then re-christened with a new name now but my old friends still call me Allan.
Burgeinho is that you

Kirkut

International Regular
My parents do not watch the game but a relative of mine is a permanent member of CCI Mumbai and meets Gavaskar, Manjrekar, Amol Muzumdar and other Bombay cricketers at least once a year.