• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India 2019

slippy888

International Captain
Going to be a good series i expect West Indies to compete every game and play some good cricket.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I think we might be able to win an ODI as we won one and tied one with a weaker team last time we toured. The T20's will be grim though, I'm not looking forward to them at all.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If India continue playing Dube, Khaleel, Krunal, Sundar etc in the T20s I’ll be pretty worried that it wasn’t simply an experiment.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Windies squads:

6f4f0ef3-08b8-4de0-befb-2231564b6ffa.width-800.jpg

9e8bd27c-44d6-4996-b3c8-1c6e6dd75a6e.width-800.jpg

Don't really care about the T20's right now, Cameron and Browne turned an all conquering side into relegation fodder and I can't really be bothered with it anymore. I imagine it will be a massacre. As mentioned previously, I hold out more hope for the ODI's.

My XI would be:

Lewis
Hope (wk)
Hetmeyer
King
Pooran
Pollard
Chase
Holder
Shepherd/Paul
Walsh Jr/Pierre
Cotterel

In seam friendly conditions Joseph would come in for King for more balance. I like the team we're building here. The attack has balance. It will be interesting to see if the batsmen can rotate the strike well enough.

Daemon

Sundar is easily part of our best T20I line up. The rest were experiments for sure.
Still reserving judgement on him till he plays better opposition and a few more games but I'd still want Kuldeep at this stage as the first choice spinner. Dunno why he was dropped in the first place tbh, his stats are insanely good.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Coz India wants guys who can bat till 9 at least. So that leaves room for only Bumrah and one of the wristies. And Sundar brings in the added dimension of powerplay bowling as well as much better fielding.

Daemon

Rohit
Rahul
Kohli
Iyer
Pant
Pandey
Pandya
Sundar
Bhuvi
Kuldeep
Bumrah

Is what I think should be the WT20 XI at this stage, with Chahar and Chahal in the sidelines. Batting wise I'm not completely sold on Pandey and Iyer. The latter did well in the Bangladesh series but then had a poor SMAT. Pant can also be easily replaced by Kartik on form.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think the make up of the squad is pretty much set. I think India want to open with Rohit and Rahul, but they still want to give chances to Dhawan. I expect all 3 to make the WT20 squad. Kohli will bat 3 and Shreyas will bat 4. Pant is slotted at 5 for now, but like you said, I won't be surprised if DK steps in. Also there is the off chance that they just give the gloves to Rahul and bat Pandey at 5. But at this time I think one of Pant or DK will play. If DK makes it, he will bat 6. If it is Pant, he will bat 5. I expect Jadeja to fill in the other slot. Then Hardik at 7, Sundar at 8, Bhuvi at 9. One of the wristies at 10 and Bumrah at 11. So expect the squad to look like this :

Rahul
Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Shreyas
Manish
Pant / DK
Jadeja
Hardik
Sundar
Bhuvi
Kuldeep
Chahal
Bumrah
Chahar

And I think the best XI would be this:

Rohit
Rahul
Kohli
Shreyas
Pant/DK
Jadeja
Pandya
Sundar
Bhuvi
Chahal
Bumrah

Dhawan will be the extra opener. Manish the extra middle order bat. Chahar the back up seamer. Kuldeep the back up wristie

Last edited: