• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India 2019

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Its a T20 :) I do hope Jadeja is given the responsibility of batting at 5 for CSK. Would love to see them play Raina, MSD and Jaddu at 3,4 and 5. No matter who bats above or below them. Jadeja can play a decent role at #5 in this format, I feel. And India seem to want the 6 bowling options in their side.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Its a T20 :) I do hope Jadeja is given the responsibility of batting at 5 for CSK. Would love to see them play Raina, MSD and Jaddu at 3,4 and 5. No matter who bats above or below them. Jadeja can play a decent role at #5 in this format, I feel. And India seem to want the 6 bowling options in their side.
I mean we don't have a better batsman than Jadeja? Really? If he plays as 5th bowler, that's different but he is one of our top 5 batsmen? In T20Is, his highest score is 25, in domestic t20s his highest score is 48.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think they were really hoping Krunal will grow into the role of the #6 and 6th bowler. But his failure and Jadeja's recent successes mean he is now the front runner.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Only found out this was in Hyderabad tonight. ****, would've been so down for this one!

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I think they were really hoping Krunal will grow into the role of the #6 and 6th bowler. But his failure and Jadeja's recent successes mean he is now the front runner.
Since when "we need 6 bowlers" became a thing? That too in 20 over games when 6th bowler will not deliver more than 1-2 overs. I mean there was a time when Tendulkar, Mongia, Sehwag and Yuvraj used to together complete 5th bowler quota, that too in 50 overs cricket. Pandya as 5th bowler is much better than that combo and suddenly we need cushion of a 6th bowler! So we will play only 4 batsmen and a keeper? Much better to get one of the batsmen to get into bit of bowling form (Rohit and Kohli) than go in with one batsman less.

Also, check Jadeja's SR in T20Is. He is no Pandya for lower order hitting.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm a CSK fan and am constantly surprised by how effective Chahar is despite how unbelievably innocuous he looks.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pant has such rubbish keeping technique. Looks especially bad against Sundar.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mohammad Azharuddin Stand eurgh. FFS Andhra Pradesh Cricket Association.