• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which cricketers do you like?

Bolo.

International Vice-Captain
Let's leave the obvious picks out of this, who we all like. No Steyns or Chris Martins*.

I'll kick this off nuclear style with a big FU to CW by saying Shane Warne. He is indisputably an asshat. But he is basically an asshat with stick on googly eyes. Can't help but liking him.

*Just kidding about Martin. The day I encourage anyone to stop singing his praises is the day I give up on life.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Much as I dislike Warne personally I absolutely loved his cricketing persona. Inspiring and theatrical every time.

Personally I really like Graeme Smith, Sir Patrick and Andrew Symonds.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ian Chappell, one can't help but smile just thinking of that sweet face.

In all seriousness though:
Symonds - Would be my honour to have him pour an overpriced beer over my head at the Normanby Hotel.
Ponting - Seems to be the definition of why its unwise to perhaps judge a cricket based on onfield exploits. What a gem he has been post-retirement.
Williamson - I bet if you got him drunk he'd break down crying, vomiting and saying he loves you and everyone else.
Katich - I don't need to say anything here.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Most of them.

But the ones I like that many people don't : kohli, Gayle, Marlon Samuels, Shoaib Akhtar

Last edited:

h_hurricane

Could make an XI

David Boon(wk)
Virender Sehwag
Rahul Dravid
Kane Williamson
VVS Laxman
Cheteshwar Pujara
Kapil Dev
Anil Kumble
Curtly Ambrose
Courtney Walsh
Jasprit Bumrah

Flem274*

123/5
david warner

he's a knob, but he tries his best for australia in his own incompetent way.

i love to hate him when we play him, but otherwise love watching him.

Bolo.

david warner

he's a knob, but he tries his best for australia in his own incompetent way.

i love to hate him when we play him, but otherwise love watching him.
I thought I was being offensive by by picking Warne. But you win. Easily. Even Ian Chappell is better. And when Gnkse makes a comment so outrageouly horrible that he has to qualify it as a joke, and you manage to top it...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He's in the "ex-cricketer" category now, but have always had a massive man crush on Zaheer Khan. Loved his MO and seemed a good egg with it.