• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which cricketers do you like?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Afridi would have to be the jasmine rice of cricketers. Smith on the other hand would most certainly be plain old white rice.

cnerd123

likes this
Afridi is the deep fried glutinous rice wrapped in lotus leaf packed full of pork, eggs, preserved vegetables and seasoning of cricketers. Salty, sticky, savoury and sweet. Nourishes your soul and brings you joy but no way you can sustain yourself on it.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Might as well make some (current) XIs.

Men's (tests)

Dimuth Karunaratne
Usman Khawaja
* Kane Williamson
Joe Root
Ross Taylor
Colin de Grandhomme
+ BJ Watling
Jason Holder
Pat Cummins
Trent Boult
Jack Leach

Honourable mentions for Babar Azam, Rishabh Pant, Neil Wagner, Sam Curran, Shimron Hetmyer and Tim Paine. Until recently (obvious reasons), Shakib probably would have got in ahead of CdG.

Women's (limited overs, since they play **** all tests):

* Suzie Bates
Sophie Devine
+ Beth Mooney
Elyse Perry
Grace Harris
Stefanie Taylor
Chloe Tryon
Amelia Kerr
Deandra Dottin
Tayla Vlaeminck
Rosemary Mair

Fair to say there's a few bowling options in that team. Up until her retirement this year, Sarah Taylor would have been the 'keeper.

cnerd123

likes this
Should have mentioned drenched in chili oil in my sticky rice metaphor of Boom Boom.

Man I'm hungry.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Afridi is the deep fried glutinous rice wrapped in lotus leaf packed full of pork, eggs, preserved vegetables and seasoning of cricketers. Salty, sticky, savoury and sweet. Nourishes your soul and brings you joy but no way you can sustain yourself on it.
Whacko. ***** ordered a special fried rice. Well done him.

cnerd123

likes this
Actually I got some curry beef brisket and rice for lunch

The beef and curry was nice. Rice was meh. Clearly didn't have a professional preparing it.

cnerd123

likes this
Also sticky rice is not fried rice wtf Burgey. I know your food knowledge is bad but c'mon. You've never had lotus leaf glutinous rice before?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Big fan of sticky rice these days......really good.

Tell me about this brisket *****, for me that's a meat cooked in the smoker for 14+hrs.........can't imagine yours was cooked that long. Was it fall apart tender?

cnerd123

likes this
Big fan of sticky rice these days......really good.

Tell me about this brisket *****, for me that's a meat cooked in the smoker for 14+hrs.........can't imagine yours was cooked that long. Was it fall apart tender?
Really doubt it was cooked that long. It wasn't very tender. Some parts fall apart easier than others, i think they cut into chunks before cooking. It's cheap meat that was probably slow cooked in the curry. The restaurant probably started it in the morning, and have kept it simmering on low heat through the lunch shift. Took less than 5 minutes for them to get it out to me.

Tastes good tho. It's the HK style curry, not Indian or Japanese style. I quite like it.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Brisket used to be a cheap cut here, before (proper) BBQ and people learnt how to cook it properly, now it's not so cheap.......when done right it's amazing.

Edit:

This isn't a slippy thread is it?