• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which cricketers do you like?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Case closed....the way you were describing him, I thought that he was a Jamaican.
I'm only judging him in our environment. I've watched enough CPL to know the locals are impossible to compete with, no matter how much of a cool cat you might be in other parts of the world.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Sachin Tendulkar... by a huge huge margin.
And then Ravindra Jadeja followed by
Shahid Afridi, Brian Lara, Ganguly, Shane Warne, Jayasuriya, Dhoni, Akhtar, Wasim Akram, Malinga, Chris Harris, AB De Villiers, Jonty Rhodes and Donald.

These are the people who make me smile when they play/achieve something.

Burner

International Regular
Kane Williamson, Ross Taylor. Also love Joe Root. He's a whiny bastard at times but I love watching him go about it.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Man, I appreciate and value Tendulkar's storkeplay so much more now that he is retired. It's like delicious home cooked food that you take for granted and start truly valuing only when you move out of home and don't get it daily. Such pristine batting technique. Truly for the Gods.
None has done the "ramp over keeper for four to a spinner" better than him ever. Did it at the very last second before it reaches the gloves.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've always had a soft spot for Sangakkara. By far my favourite Sri Lankan, though I've enjoyed Samerawera's writing on the few occasions I've had the chance to read it.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Back on topic, Dravid is too obvious a shout, surely? He's like the Bradman of good blokes. If anyone doesn't like him it says more about them than him.
Dravid once had a "prank" played on him on one of those awful hidden camera prank TV shows where a young female fan started flirting with him and said she wanted to marry him or something stupid like that and dravid went dad mode, sat her down and told her to concentrate on her studies.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Dravid once had a "prank" played on him on one of those awful hidden camera prank TV shows where a young female fan started flirting with him and said she wanted to marry him or something stupid like that and dravid went dad mode, sat her down and told her to concentrate on her studies.

Shudder to think what Pandya would have done if the same show had this prank done to him.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Nathan Lyon's uncanny resemblance to Fredo Corleone from The Godfather has always been amusing to me.