• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which cricketers do you like?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ian Bishop in the commentary box comes across as a genuinely decent guy.

Also like Holder, Williamson and Boult.

Chrish

International Debutant
I love listening to Ian Chappell. Really like his voice and overall tone of his commentary.

I know most people would disagree but never understood why.

MrPrez

International Debutant
he definitely belongs in the disliked cricketers thread than here.

His celebration style is right up there with the worst. Might just be the single worst celebration style of all.
Well, it's a good thing this thread is called "which cricketers do you like" and not "which cricketers does smalishah84 say you can like" then.

smash84

The Tiger King
Well, it's a good thing this thread is called "which cricketers do you like" and not "which cricketers does smalishah84 say you can like" then.
tbf i really wasn't sure if you actually liked him.

You love him, and that's fine. Was just hard for me to believe that there are people who actually do like him :p

shifty_eyes

U19 12th Man
Virender Sehwag - by far my favorite cricketer; entertaining, fearless and the reason I started following cricket. Used to switch channel when his innings was over. With an insane strike rate of 80+ in tests at almost 50 avg., he is the best test batsman cricket has ever produced. (don't quote me haters)

Others:-

India: Zaheer (favourite bowler, being left-handed myself I used to copy his action), Kohli (needless to say he is a complete package, leadership quality, controlled aggression, skills; a role model), Harbhajan (became a fan since 2007 t20 world cup, not an ATG material, but was no monkey business either), Dhoni (cool and calm most of the time [bo*dk idhar dekhle sic], creative and street smart when it comes to wicketkeeping, good cricketing sense overall and a great shotcaller), Kuldeep (like his attitude so far). Lots of players in current squad who are likeable but not a fan, not yet.

Pakistan: Razzaq (mainly because of ICL), Akhtar (good guy, good rival), Akram (great personality), Younis (sometimes used to copy his technique)

Sri Lanka: Sangakkara (legend)

Bangladesh: Shakib (really impressive lately)

West Indies: Gayle (liked his hyper aggressive play style)

South Africa: ABdV ( an ATG)

FBU

International Debutant
Wagner
Anderson
Bumrah
Cummins
Jhye Richardson
Pujara
Gill
Cottrell
Currans
Burns
Cremer

shifty_eyes

U19 12th Man
Not really bold. Has taken his team to a respectable position in the last few years and has been the best all-rounder of the decade which is actually impressive.

SillyCowCorner1

Sangakarra
Hamilton Masakadza
Rahkeem 'The Dream, Jimbo' Cornwall
Rovman Powell
Fabien Allen
Keemo Paul
SS
KW

BoyBrumby

Englishman
This is a bold take tstl
Not really bold. Has taken his team to a respectable position in the last few years and has been the best all-rounder of the decade which is actually impressive.
If this was the "which cricketer are you most disappointed in, in a vaguely school teachery way" I'd say Shakib.

I not angry, just slightly saddened.

Back on topic, Dravid is too obvious a shout, surely? He's like the Bradman of good blokes. If anyone doesn't like him it says more about them than him.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid and Williamson obviously, as others have said. Holder seems fine too. Gilchrist back in the day.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Off field personalities aside?

Keith Miller
Garry Sobers
Viv Richards
Shane Warne
Ian Chappell
Andrew Symonds
Curtly Ambrose
Dennis Lillee
Kapil Dev
Adam Gilchrist
Ricky Ponting

I generally like aggressive cricketers who make things happen on-field.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Trent Boult. Absolute blueprint of what a modern man should be. Bowls fast and swings it, slogs the **** out of it, absolute gun fielder, plays a mean guitar, drinks craft beer, rides jet skis, lives at the beach, good looking fella.

SillyCowCorner1

Trent Boult. Absolute blueprint of what a modern man should be. Bowls fast and swings it, slogs the **** out of it, absolute gun fielder, plays a mean guitar, drinks craft beer, rides jet skis, lives at the beach, good looking fella.
Bring him to the West Indies.