• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Cricketers do you dislike?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I suppose Cronje is almost too obvious? Not just bent, but so cheap too.

Vaughan and Gough have both turned into massive wankers since they joined the media as well. Although Gough always sort of came off as the kind of working class tory **** I'd cross the road to avoid.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gambhir another obvious one.

Dhawan too. Making fun of an opponent limping off with an injury is about as low as you can go.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Warne. Obviously unparalleled as a player and loved watching him bowl, but seems like an ordinary human being. Treated a lot of his teammates that he didn't like badly.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I have a lot fewer athletes I hate than I did when I was younger, which I'm happy about.

Find it easier to dislike a lot of former players in the media. Warne, Vaughan and Boycott a few who really rub me the wrong way.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Thought about this for some time. But I love the game and love all the cricketers for their different characters. Can't think of anyone who can be disliked. Except all the match-fixers who tried ruining the game.

vcs

There's only 10 top level teams (and quite a few of those are ****). Only about a 100 top level cricketers going around at any given time, cricket isn't a popular global sport like football. I realized a while back that it's pointless to hate quality cricketers for the sake of tribalism. As long as they play fair and don't match-fix, and aren't particularly odious, I can't really hate any of them.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There's only 10 top level teams (and quite a few of those are ****). Only about a 100 top level cricketers going around at any given time, cricket isn't a popular global sport like football. I realized a while back that it's pointless to hate quality cricketers for the sake of tribalism. As long as they play fair and don't match-fix, and aren't particularly odious, I can't really hate any of them.

You can simply just agree with my list.. two fixers and the most odious and obnoxious idiot in the comm box today as far as cricket goes.

Burgey

“You didn’t list 760 other blokes! Plainly you love all of them and your reasoning is therefore flawed.”

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
What are you dribbling about mate? If you don’t like the bloke then ****ing well put his name up. Jfc this is Cevnoing of the worst kind.

Nah.. this is hypocrisy of the worst kind. Maxwell did the same after Kohli dislocated his shoulder at Ranchi when Aus toured here in 2017. If you think what Dhawan did was the worst thing, surely Maxwell is the same. FTR, I don't dislike either of them for that or any other reason. Just pointing out the obvious hypocrisy of you hating Dhawan for something you call the "as low as you can go" and not including someone from your own country who did the same just as recently.

And FWIW, I never said your reasoning is flawed, just biased. :)

Burgey

Hypocrisy? This is **** posting.

Maybe just don’t assume anyone’s giving a player a pass mark when they simply either didn’t see the incident you’re carrying on about or don’t recall it.

There isn’t a conspiracy lurking everywhere mate, but it isn’t surprising you jump to that conclusion.

You’ve made about 18 leaps of what passes for logic here, and not one of them has been in the right direction. Junk.

Last edited: