• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Cricketers do you dislike?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know he's debatably the greatest batsman ever, but I just can't stand Steve Smith. It's always a displeasure having to watch his sour, sweary, cheating mug at the batting crease for hours on end.

Tbf, I probably wouldn't care about him at all if he'd never been made captain, but he routinely disgraced himself in that role.
I can't wait for him to bat for 2.5 days each test and utterly screw over your festive season.

Gob

International Coach
Graeme Swann

Best non Murali finger spinner but but shouldn't be anywhere near a microphone

thierry henry

International Coach
Brendon McCullum
Ben Stokes

And I don't particularly dislike Smith, Warner, Clarke etc. I think my contrarianism is so deeply-rooted that I can't even really bring myself to see why they are so loathed.

thierry henry

International Coach
If we're talking about the way they go about their cricket as opposed to that sort of pseudo-personal hatred that we seem to be talking about:

Gilchrist
Basically any hyper-aggressive batsman who doesn't "bat properly" like I want them to

ataraxia

International Coach
If we're talking about the way they go about their cricket as opposed to that sort of pseudo-personal hatred that we seem to be talking about:

Gilchrist
Basically any hyper-aggressive batsman who doesn't "bat properly" like I want them to
CdG hater.

thierry henry

International Coach
CdG was actually going to be on my first list because I always hated the fact he was in discussions for an NZ spot based on "the eye test" while being trash.

However his test performances have been so good that now I don't hate him anymore. Also, his batting sort of has a basic cricketing logic to it and is aesthetically ok.

ataraxia

International Coach
CdG was actually going to be on my first list because I always hated the fact he was in discussions for an NZ spot based on "the eye test" while being trash.

However his test performances have been so good that now I don't hate him anymore. Also, his batting sort of has a basic cricketing logic to it and is aesthetically ok.
Yeah. Gilly as well.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't mind Gilly's batting style, but always thought the whole squash ball in the batting glove to be a bit pox.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Imran Tahir's wicket celebrations are always worth an annoyed eye-roll.
Yeah, I remember most of the section I was sitting in at Eden Park groaning as he mopped up the tail in a T20 and did a victory lap every time.

I don't mind passionate celebrations (Wagner's are fabulous), but I get very tired of Tahir's - a massive victory lap every time, regardless of the quality of the batsman or match situation. IMO it's also a bit douchey to make it all about him, even when the wicket is thanks to a great catch by a teammate.