• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which player past or present would you be?

Jack1

International Debutant
You take their game, look like you still. You play for your own nation and county/team of choice.

For me Rashid Khan. Afridi was close. Also Michael Holding was close.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Lara all day. And I'd choose to stick with playing for the west indies and play 50% of my games in Antigua Jamaica Barbados ect !

Jack1

International Debutant
Lara all day. And I'd choose to stick with playing for the west indies and play 50% of my games in Antigua Jamaica Barbados ect !
He would be gd more so in tests, Sachin probably edges lara tho for me if i wanted to go for a batter

Jack1

International Debutant
Bob Willis is and was a serious troll, taking his game would be alright . Add his style to my list of names

ataraxia

International Coach
Hobbs, W Rhodes, Sobers, Ramadhin, Freeman, and Grimmett are my options. Would love to be a spinner, but Hobbs probably beats the rest. I probably shouldn't pick Hobbs because no Sutcliffe but would partner him with Sutcliffe in county cricket. Probs put him in around 1931 so Hobbs/Dempster and Hobbs/Sutcliffe are two partnerships (assuming you could change the time period). Hobbs/Hutton and Hobbs/B Sutcliffe is enticing too however.

Being Bradman would just be annoying.

Last edited:

Jack1

International Debutant
Don Bradman. Why do any other options exist.
That dude was too good I bet half the time he sandbagged to give others a chance lol

and btw I reckon Bradman got out on purpose last dig so he didn’t look like an immortal troll, no way he played full tilt all the time with those stats

Hobbs, W Rhodes, Sobers, Ramadhin, Freeman, and Grimmett are my options. Would love to be a spinner, but Hobbs probably beats the rest. I probably shouldn't pick Hobbs because no Sutcliffe but would partner him with Sutcliffe in county cricket. Probs put him in around 1931 so Hobbs/Dempster and Hobbs/Sutcliffe are two partnerships (assuming you could change the time period). Hobbs/Hutton and Hobbs/B Sutcliffe is enticing too however.

Being Bradman would just be annoying.
U might have convinced me with Sutcliffe , definitely in tests but across formats I still prefer khan/afridi/Warne (sneaking in) but everyone’s different so different angles are gd

Last edited:

Bijed

International Regular
Don Bradman. Why do any other options exist.
I dunno, if I could be an international standard player I'd probably be a bowler. Just reckon bowling your side to victory would generally feel more awesome than scoring runs

srbhkshk

International Captain
I dunno, if I could be an international standard player I'd probably be a bowler. Just reckon bowling your side to victory would generally feel more awesome than scoring runs
I am an Indian, what do you mean by a "bowler"?

Jack1

International Debutant
Jack Hobbs probably felt like a number 8 compared to Bradman, mind blowing if u think about it

ataraxia

International Coach
Miller's a good option. Like Rhodes though he can't average 50 and bowl a lot. Still an incredible player.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Ramprakash or Bevan. I have a lot of potential but when it comes down to it, I just don’t have the right stuff.