• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which player past or present would you be?

Jack1

International Debutant
Imran Khan

You get to bat, bowl, captain and get all the ladies
He is a good option. I didn't realise he averaged nearly 40 with the bat. In fact ball and bat were better than my memory. Do you know how good he was at fielding?

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
He is a good option. I didn't realise he averaged nearly 40 with the bat. In fact ball and bat were better than my memory. Do you know how good he was at fielding?
His average suggests he was a better batsman than he actually was.

Jack1

International Debutant
Imran Khan's got a strong average even against Australia, England, India in India on the breakdown. I don't think you can back that comment up with much weight in the grand scheme of it. He was just very good with bat and ball. I can't find much info on his fielding, so someone that watched him play needs to give some input I guess. But the assumption is he was a strong fielder like the other ATG all-rounders.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Imran Khan's got a strong average even against Australia, England, India in India on the breakdown. I don't think you can back that comment up with much weight in the grand scheme of it. He was just very good with bat and ball. I can't find much info on his fielding, so someone that watched him play needs to give some input I guess. But the assumption is he was a strong fielder like the other ATG all-rounders.
Not going to go into all this here rn but this is why average isn’t the be all and end all for measuring a player’s capabilities.

cnerd123

likes this
Not going to go into all this here rn but this is why average isn’t the be all and end all for measuring a player’s capabilities.
Would you rather be an incredible batsman that ends up averaging 20, or a mediocre batsman who averages 50?

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Dougy Walters would have to be up there. I reckon he had a deal with the devil saying he could drink, smoke and party as much as he wanted and still play better than most.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Easy, Ian 'Beefy' Botham. I can be an ATG and still eat all the pies.

...I'd probably retire when I still had my 40 batting and 20 bowling average though, just to stop all the future kids downgrading my performance based on last 5 years of playing crap when all the pies caught up with me ;)

bagapath

International Captain
very average fielder. certainly not in the botham kapil hadlee miller league

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Easy, Ian 'Beefy' Botham. I can be an ATG and still eat all the pies.

...I'd probably retire when I still had my 40 batting and 20 bowling average though, just to stop all the future kids downgrading my performance based on last 5 years of playing crap when all the pies caught up with me ;)
Change that name to Miller and we might agree with the performance, not so much the pies.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Andy Roberts, for some reason. I think there's quite a few better bowlers, but just love watching him bowl.