• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Running Out Of Players Draft - Season 1

cnerd123

likes this
Participating:

1) Teuton
2) Michaelf77777x
3) NUFAN
4) Mr Mister
5) PEWS
6) trundler
7) Milenko47
8) GoodAreasShane
9) Test_Fan_Only
10) AndrewB

This is also the Draft order for the first 2 rounds. We'll go from 1-10, and then 10-1, which means AndrewB gets a double pick. I'll generate a new draft order every two rounds

The Top 100 run-scorers, Top 100 wicket-takers and Top 50 stumping-takers have been banned from Season 1. This gives us a list of 241 banned players. I have attached that in an Excel file here.

Each person needs to pick a squad of 14 players for a hypothetical 3-match Test Series. Players do not have to have played any Test cricket, or indeed any professional cricket, to get selected. At the end of the draft we will have a voting thread to see who did best, and the 140 players selected will be banned for Season 2.
Players should make their selection with 24 hours of the previous drafter. If a player misses his turn, the next drafter may make his pick right away. A drafter who has missed his turn can make his selection whenever he returns.

There is one rule when making your pick - you must include a link to the player's cricinfo/cricketarchive/cricbuz/cricclubs/cricHQ/etc. player profile in the post making the pick. This will be useful once we get deep in this game.

Teuton has first pick. He has 24 hours, effective from 4:05 AM GMT.

Good luck and have fun!

Attachments

Last edited:

ataraxia

International Coach
In my opinion, he is one of only two people (along with Bradman) who have a case for being the greatest cricketer ever.
IMO he's the 5th greatest batsman of all time, behind Bradman, Hobbs, Sobers, and Hutton. Wish he was included in more England XIs.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
For what its worth I had 3 players in mind when I saw I was the 3rd pick and Grace was one of them. Made my decision easier.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha NUFAN's message to me on Facebook makes so much more sense now. I didn't know this had started because of the separate thread. Will pick within an hour.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah cmon commissioner *****, cant we go down to like 16 hours at least. Just check the thread each day once minimum, especially when you're reasonably close to picking.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm really sorry but I can't submit my pick until I get home tonight (7-8PM ACDT). Been out the whole weekend. Sorry for the inconvenience.