• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Running Out Of Players Draft - Season 1

ataraxia

International Coach
Nah

14 players squads will stay because

A) In a hypothetical 5 match series, you're not going to play the same XI every game. You need reserves. Bench strength is important, and I want that reflected in this draft.
B) It takes more players out of the system, which means we can get to the fun hypotheticals sooner, such as debating over Mohammad Ashraful vs Chris Lynn for your middle order.
It's a three-match series.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Conrad Hunte
Roy Fredericks
Alvin Kallicharan
Peter May *
Nathan Astle
Aubrey Faulkner
Jeff Dujon +
Maurice Tate
Harold Larwood
Bruce Reid
Shane Bond

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think we definitely should still have 12, especially if you look at what NUFAN just did. Totally unfair to tell him that's his eleven now when he doesn't have a keeper yet.

I'd be very keen to just stick with squads of 12 though. That way we could all pick one extra guy to cover different pitch conditions.
Heh, yeah would be funny if the rule was changed mid round and after that pick. Ive been putting off my keeper search for ages.

Hoping a keeper emerges and has a successful career by the time ive finalised my 28 man squad in case their are injuries there are injuries/form/player strikes :)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I kinda thought they were both genuine 11s
Nah Reid was comfortably worse.

Reid vs Alderman vs McGrath for the worst Aussie test bat ive seen.

Im tempted to say Reid was the worst as McGrath improved as his career went on.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah Reid was comfortably worse.

Reid vs Alderman vs McGrath for the worst Aussie test bat ive seen.

Im tempted to say Reid was the worst as McGrath improved as his career went on.
Only two tests but Peter McIntrye is surely up there for ineptitude with the willow. Which makes it all the more incredible him and Shane George were able to cling on for the draw to wrap up the 1995/96 Sheffield Shield for South Australia. Heroes.

ataraxia

International Coach
Charlie Griffith
CB Fry

I completely messed up in the making of this XI. 5 spinners lol.

Bill Woodfull
CB Fry - 6
Ranjitsinhji - 7
Graeme Pollock
Everton Weekes
Monty Noble - 5
Frank Woolley - 4
-
Bart King - 3
George Lohmann - 1
Charlie Griffith - 2

Subhash Gupte
Vinoo Mankad

Still though, incredible batting depth (Noble's FC average is almost as good as Trumper's), and Woolley is underrated as a left-arm spinner. Somehow managed a fairly good 11 after grabbing Mankad and Gupte as my 5th and 6th picks then ditching them. Keeper still to come of course.

Charlie Griffith - Check Griffith's News, Career, Age, Rankings, Stats | ESPNcricinfo.com

C.B. Fry - Check Fry's News, Career, Age, Rankings, Stats | ESPNcricinfo.com

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Only two tests but Peter McIntrye is surely up there for ineptitude with the willow. Which makes it all the more incredible him and Shane George were able to cling on for the draw to wrap up the 1995/96 Sheffield Shield for South Australia. Heroes.
I remember him bowling but cant picture his Test batting, but you are probably right.

Also speaking of George, Peter George was baddd.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I remember him bowling but cant picture his Test batting, but you are probably right.

Also speaking of George, Peter George was baddd.
Yeah Peter George was absolutely dreadful with the willow. I'm not 100% sure on this but I think the SACA pace attack for one or two Sheffield Shield games was George, Shaun Tait and Paul Rofe, that's a truly horrific tail.

Shane and Peter George are certainly fairly different characters, both on and off field