Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Road to the World T20 in the year 2020 (and 2021)

International Vice-Captain theegyptian's Avatar

Road to the World T20 in the year 2020 (and 2021)

For discussion on the buildup to the World t20 in 2020 in Australia, and in 2021 in India.

Netherlands, PNG, Ireland, Namibia, Scotland and Oman have all qualifed, and will join Sri Lanka and Bangladesh in more qualifiers in Australia for the right to join the top 8 teams in the round of super 12.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_ICC_T20_World_Cup

Current Best Odds to win the 2020 tournament (with uk bookies) -

Australia 7-2
    India 4-1
    Engalnd 9-2
    New Zealand 7-1
    South Africa 9-1
    West Indies 9-1
    Pakistan 14-1
    The rest 50-1 bar

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Great value on Pakistan?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Great value on Pakistan?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Great value on Pakistan?
    betting on the windies would be better value imo.

Pak suck big time
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

International Regular CricAddict's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    betting on the windies would be better value imo.

Pak suck big time
    Pakistan is the number one T20 team in the world right now
    "Even though itís a 2-2 series and England were telling me I couldnít celebrate a draw, but they did exactly that during the World Cup." - Nathan Lyon

Quote Originally Posted by CricAddict View Post
    Pakistan is the number one T20 team in the world right now
    Means little
    cricket rules brah

International Regular CricAddict's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_mister View Post
    Means little
    Yes I know. Just that it is hilarious that the highest ICC ranked nation gets the lowest odds.

International Vice-Captain theegyptian's Avatar
    It's quite hard to work out how England might line up.

Top order options

Buttler - I think he's best as opener. Struggles a bit starting in the middle.
    Roy - Average record but is a selfless player with excellent s/r and has shown that he can destroy real pace bowling. Probably hangs onto a spot maybe wrongly on account of his ODI record.
    Bairstow - Will be in squad definitely. Probably best opening but capable of batting in middle order.
    Malan - Great record in internationl t20s, only left hander in the top order options. Average fielder and they can't carry too many of them. Doesn't quite hit the ball as cleanly consistently as most of the other options.
    Vince - Will almost certainly miss out.
    Banton - Probably going to come to soon given the alternatives.
    Hales - England have probably moved past him given they have no shortage of options in the area.
    Root - Contentious for sure. Goes well for England and maybe the argument against real high quality teams England may need someone who is not just trying to smash it out of the park. Also offers off-spin option as 6th/7th option which is useful given lots of the batsman in contention don't bowl at all. Still I think he's going to find it hard to get back in the side with England's approach likely to be to just go hard from ball 1 from everyone.

I think Buttler, Roy, Malan, and Bairstow likely to go. I can still see them possibly dropping Malan after a couple of failures; he does though have a big advantage of being the only leftie in top 3.

Middle order -

Morgan
    Stokes - Poor record and his power hitting is too impacted by the strong bottom hand but is the heart of the team and excellent fielder. Will hope they can get the best of him when he gets a consistent run of games.
    Billings - Can't see him making it. Just a bit too limited. Doesn't strike the ball well enough.
    Ali - Will be there. Only reasonable offie to compliment the leggie. Power game has come on massively even if he does have some big troughs in form, and isn't great in the middle order.
    Gregory - Strikes it well in county cricket but will have to show he can do that at a higher standard and im not sure he is good enough and/or will get the opportunity to show that. Bowling is meh in t20.
    Bopara - The wild card. Probably the most experienced middle order bat they have and is never short of offers for his services across the world in t20. Still has the label as a bit of a bottler and England will probably be wary of going back to someone who never succeeded in the past.
    Denly - I hope not. They want him to be an allrounder who bats in the middle order but he simply isnt. Doesn't have the power to bat in middle order. Not a good enough spinner to be an allrounder. Would want to bat in the top 3 but is lacking relative to the options.
    Dawson - Maybe competing for Ali's spot but likely to lose out. Doesn't have moeen's wow factor with the bat and spins the ball the same direction as the leggie (although rashs bowls lot of googlies so less of an issue).

Morgan, Stokes, Ali and Bopara my options here.

The bowlers.

Archer - Offers the pace, yorker etc. Good strike bowler options and at death.
    Jordan - Has been excellent in NZ. Really developed over the last year or so seemingly into a more reliable performer. Has the added excellent fielder/ useful batsman to his bow.
    T Curran - Similar to Jordan in he offers good fielding/batting as well as his bowling.
    Willey - A little unlucky to not be on this tour instead of S Curran who he will be competing for a spot with come the world cup. Has a decent t20 record for England where he regularly picks up wickets with the new ball. Is another really solid fielder with excellent athletism and decent tail end batting.
    S Curran - Imo a little behind Willey on current ability. Very similar t20 cricketers.
    Rashid - good record and trusted by Morgan to bowl to specific instructions.
    Wood - Hard to see him being fit and unless he's bowling 92 mph+ consistently doesn't have the skills.
    Parkinson - Interesting to see how he goes against international batsman due to his lack of pace through the air. Started well. Could be an option on some of the big grounds in Australia.
    Pat Brown - Can't see them going that way. More rounded players available with more experience.

Archer, Jordan, T Curran, Willey, Rashid my bowling options.

Buttler, Roy, Malan, Bairstow, Morgan, Stokes, Ali, Bopara, Archer, Jordan, T Curran, Willey, Rashid + 2 more make up my squad so far.

(I couldn't resist going contrarian with the Bopara pick.)
    Last edited by theegyptian; 08-11-2019 at 01:43 PM.
    NUFAN likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CricAddict View Post
    Yes I know. Just that it is hilarious that the highest ICC ranked nation gets the lowest odds.
    Problem is the wc is in aus. probably the worst conditions for pak to be playing t20 in

It’s hard for me to see anyone but aus or India winning in aus nd in that sense value might be backing them both and hoping one wins, doubt ill be betting tho
    Last edited by John1990; 08-11-2019 at 02:00 PM.

International Debutant srbhkshk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John1990 View Post
    Problem is the wc is in aus. probably the worst conditions for pak to be playing t20 in
    Don't really see them winning anywhere tbh, they obviously have quality to win one off games against anyone - but sustained good performance is not Pakistan.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by srbhkshk View Post
    Don't really see them winning anywhere tbh, they obviously have quality to win one off games against anyone - but sustained good performance is not Pakistan.
    I think if host was eng or nz they might be favourites,

Definitely a lottery still despite my aus ind comment

WI could pull off something u never know , they often up their game out of no where for the t20 wc
    Last edited by John1990; 08-11-2019 at 02:10 PM.

International Debutant srbhkshk's Avatar
    I think if host was eng or nz they might be favourites
    Nah, more likely is two crazy run outs in the semis.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    If Ind/Pak/WI beat Aus in the semis then Eng/NZ have a chance. Otherwise, neither can beat Aus at home. Afg are more likely to win than SA tbh.
    Last edited by Milenko47; 08-11-2019 at 02:37 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Milenko47 View Post
    If Ind/Pak/WI beat Aus in the semis then Eng/NZ have a chance. Otherwise, neither can beat Aus at home. Afg are more likely to win than SA tbh.
    Something about SA I find really boring maybe it’s just me though

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Something about SA I find really boring maybe it’s just me though
    Eh Rabada and de Kock are fun but the rest aren't that much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information