• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in India 2019

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hapless series for the Bangers. But they came in to it slightly handicapped.

The pacers didn't let anyone off the hook. Excellent.

Will be interesting to see what they will go with in NZ. Bumrah, Ishant, and Shami, I feel. Might be okay to go with a 4 man pace attack. Otherwise, Jadeja probably. Jadeja and Santner battle royale for the left arm all rounder crown.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
m gonna say it again. Jadeja as the lone spinner in a 4 man attack is just asking for trouble. As a matter of fact, he seems to be concentrating more on his batting himself. It was instructive what Kohli said in the post match presentation - " Our spinners can take wickets overseas as well". I hope that line of thought stays.

Spark

Global Moderator
I didn't realise until now that India are coming back here next summer. Normally I'd object to repeat tours so close together but man, given the trajectory of the two sides that is going to be some series.

Teja.

Global Moderator
All of a sudden we have 7 perfectly good test bowlers including 2 world class spinners and one potentially ATG pacer. What is this sorcery.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All of a sudden we have 7 perfectly good test bowlers including 2 world class spinners and one potentially ATG pacer. What is this sorcery.
Yeah all of Bumrah, Shami, Sharma, BK, Umesh, Ashwin, Jadeja and Kuldeep are well and truly Test class. Has been a very long time since any side has bowling depth that deep.

morgieb

And also ironically this is their weakest batting line up in a long time. (Two decades perhaps ?)
Harsh IMO. Reckon the lineup from about 2011-2013 was weaker. A batting lineup of Agarwal, Sharma, Pujara, Kohli and Rahane stacks up pretty well, especially if Vihari and Pant play.

vcs

We need to play Vihari overseas. He'll be fine at 6 IMO. Rohit and Agarwal's techniques will be heavily challenged in New Zealand. NZ is even more of a finger-spinner's graveyard than Australia so I think we should go with Jadeja, whose good batting form gives him the edge over Ashwin. I just don't see a situation where a skilled spinner will have a chance to bowl us to a win over there, because the pitches just don't break up. We need a defensive spinner who can give the quicks a break and keep the runrate to a minimum.

Agarwal
Rohit
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Vihari
Jadeja
Saha
Ishant
Shami
Bumrah

Umesh desperately unlucky to miss out, but what can you do.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I didn't realise until now that India are coming back here next summer. Normally I'd object to repeat tours so close together but man, given the trajectory of the two sides that is going to be some series.
India’s next three Test series are in NZ, in Aus, and at home with England. They all should be fantastic!

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
Too self congratulatory to label BK being test class. Strictly serviceable on favorable tracks.

The batting line-up still suspect as a unit in alien conditions. We'll see in NZ soon enough.