Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree227Likes

Thread: *Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

International Coach Starfighter's Avatar

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

Everyone's talking about it so I may as well make the thread.

Dec 12, Thu - Dec 16, Mon Australia vs New Zealand, 1st Test Perth Stadium, Perth, 0500 GMT 1300 AWST 1600 AEDT 1800 NZDT

Dec 26, Thu - Dec 30, Mon Australia vs New Zealand, 2nd Test Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne, 0000 GMT 1100 AEDT 1300 NZDT

Jan 03, Fri - Jan 07, Tue Australia vs New Zealand, 3rd Test Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney, 0000 GMT 1100 AEDT 1300 NZDT

Mar 13, Fri Australia vs New Zealand, 1st ODI Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney,
    0330 GMT 1430 AEDT 1630 NZDT

Mar 15, Sun Australia vs New Zealand, 2nd ODI Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney, 2330
    GMT 1030 AEDT 1230 NZDT

Mar 20, Fri Australia vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI Bellerive Oval, Hobart,
    2330 GMT 1030 AEDT 1230 NZDT
    The truth, I think, is this: that since the triumph of what was called rationalism, we have successfully cultivated everything except reason - G.K. Chesterton

A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him saying, 'you are mad, you are not like us' - St. Anthony

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend morgieb's Avatar
    The timing of the ODI's is so strange. Having to wait two months in a time where most people are in footy mode doesn't work at all.
    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy 1988-2014. 63* for eternity.

International Coach Starfighter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    The timing of the ODI's is so strange. Having to wait two months in a time where most people are in footy mode doesn't work at all.
    Blame India. Also the footy would be better if it just stayed in its half of the year, rather than taking about 1 1/2 months of the other half too.

The stranger thing is the actual timing of the tests. Why are they starting at 11:00 rather than 10:30?
    Last edited by Starfighter; 29-10-2019 at 11:34 PM.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfighter View Post
    Blame India. Also the footy would be better if it just stayed in its half of the year, rather than taking about 1 1/2 months of the other half too.

The stranger thing is the actual timing of the tests. Why are they starting at 11:00 rather than 10:30?
    To **** with kiwis
    _Ed_ likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Hate to say it, but reckon this will be Aus 3-0. NZ's best hope is for Soult to reck Australia under lights at Perth, but really I think the conditions will neutralise NZ's bowling and that Australia's marvellous bowling attack will be way too good.
    jcas0167 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloakey View Post
    Darlingface
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Haha look at this joke scorecard I saw on the internet today.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    i like many come to cw to briefly escape the pain of mediocre and obscure existence by being mediocre and obscure on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitycreeper View Post
    been speakin to this lass for a while finally got her round muy house. whakcd on netflix and told her to pick a film. big mistake cos she picked ****in footlose. 2 hours of torture and she dint even blow me. shambles. safe to say we arent talkin no more

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    yeah we always flop in aus. 3-0 aus, even if we thrash england (which we will).
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    yeah we always flop in aus. 3-0 aus, even if we thrash england (which we will).
    Tbf, last time drew in Perth and would have won the D/N test if Nigel Llong hadn't ****ed up. Major mistake not playing Wagner on that tour too.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Just hope Stead has more guts to pick the right men for the job and not based on what happened 4 years ago, which is what the Bracewell selection felt like.

Really hope Patel and SomersSomerville play Sydney too, but I have a feeling they'll want Santner for batting cover.
    jcas0167 likes this.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

International Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Just hope Stead has more guts to pick the right men for the job and not based on what happened 4 years ago, which is what the Bracewell selection felt like.

Really hope Patel and SomersSomerville play Sydney too, but I have a feeling they'll want Santner for batting cover.
    Nah, I don't think they'll pick Santner. Stead has shown during his tenure he's prepared to pick the right teams - ie dropping Southee. Mitchell Santner, as much as I like him, we're not winning in Australia with his 1-80 off 35 and 20-30 down the order. Patel has to play all three Tests and yeah, potentially Somerville in Sydney.
    jcas0167 likes this.

Raval
    Latham
    KW
    Taylor
    Nicholls
    CDG
    Watling
    Wagner
    Ferguson
    Ajaz
    Boult

But they will definitely give Santner and Southee some games...despite how ineffective they most definitely will be. And I'm afraid that it will come at the expense of Ferguson and Ajaz. Southee at this point should ONLY play on green seaming/swinging pitches in tests. That's it. He shouldn't even be anywhere near the T20 squad but NZC are always doing their best to groom him for something and keep him involved no matter what. He's definitely got pictures of somebody doing something suspect.

International Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by thundaboult View Post
    Raval
    Latham
    KW
    Taylor
    Nicholls
    CDG
    Watling
    Wagner
    Ferguson
    Ajaz
    Boult

But they will definitely give Santner and Southee some games...despite how ineffective they most definitely will be. And I'm afraid that it will come at the expense of Ferguson and Ajaz. Southee at this point should ONLY play on green seaming/swinging pitches in tests. That's it. He shouldn't even be anywhere near the T20 squad but NZC are always doing their best to groom him for something and keep him involved no matter what. He's definitely got pictures of somebody doing something suspect.
    I'd pick Southee for Perth under lights, he's done absolutely nothing to lose his Test spot.

Ferguson we all want to see play at some stage, but he's not the incumbent. And I'd say he'd be taking Wagner's spot, if anything as first change.

Somerville will be selected over Ajaz - bounce not sidespin, Aus experience and can bat a bit. Easy decision.

But why are we discussing spin when the fast bowlers are the ones that will make or break the tour? Didn't realise Perth was under lights, in that case definitely retain Southee. Would love to see Ferguson at the boxing day test though.

Yeah I’d have thought Will “Somers” Somerville would be first pick spinner for this series.

I would be surprised if Santner is even in the squad, I think his test cards were stamped for a while after his epically ineffective first test against Sri Lanka.

Yeah, a bit surprised most people seem to think that Ajaz is the incumbent for this series. Sommerville's bounce and experience would make him my first choice. No way Santner is close to being picked for this series.

Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information