• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

Flem274*

123/5
In a shock news item, australian bowlers really are fantastic at home. That's probably the best ive seen starc bowl in tests.

Best thing teams hosting them can do is prepare turners and reduce it to a mix of spin/swing/wagnerball.

We should host a return series in the uae :ph34r:

thierry henry

International Coach
I’ve only seen a grainy video of the Wagner wicket on twitter but he basically was unlucky to chop on a wide one right? Cricinfo made it sound like an unplayable classic Starc yorker

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Kudos to Rosco, when scoring at 2 an over has been hard enough he's played his shots and been scoring away. Unlike Kane to tap it in the air and unbelievable catch by Steve Smith. Generally Kane plays the ball down to third ball all along the ground. Perhaps the bounce from Starc got him. Kane is bound to score a hundy and hopefully it'll come in the 2nd dig.

I think Jeet Raval is quite solid and been his supporter for a long time but the way he got out yesterday wasn't great. Sure it swung late but when he's in good touch either he defends or plays straight. He played a bit around it. Similarly he got out to Ben Sears in first class only couple of weeks ago. If he's nicking off he can choose to leave but if he's getting poled it's not easy to fix. Wonder if he's even picking the ball up with likely so much noise going around in his head.

I don't see us doing much this test match. Aussies will get us for 250 or under and bat. Pile 200+ runs and likely declare. We will likely score 280-300 in the second dig and lose the game. I do have faith in our batters but the Aussie bowlers particularly in the night are getting good swing and amazing lift off good length. It's quite hard to cope the swing and bounce off good length. If swing doesn't get you the extra bounce from relatively short of good length will get our boys. We don't have similar decks in NZ and it's a mistake to play an all important series without acclimatizing to conditions before hand.

thierry henry

International Coach
Also not trying to go full troll-Hendrix but Latham and Nicholls basically got themselves out to leg side trash? I mean, Australia had us all at sea in between the wickets too but still, frustrating

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
On Jeet Raval's case I think he will get one last hit and he has to make good use of that otherwise I feel they will use Henry Nicholls to open and bring in Tom Blundell. It may not work out but they will try that.

Seifert, Rutherford, Worker, Hay, Ravindra in that order will be available post this tour and till Young becomes available. Young will also need time to settle down, it's not like he'll come straight in and peel off hundreds.

Flem274*

123/5
No, we shouldnt go funky with middle order players. This isn't 2005, we have better player management.

Nicholls is perfect where he is

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Everything gone their way?

NZ are lucky they didn’t make 600 tbh.

How many wickets did they take traditionally behind the bat? Australia got themselves out.

Burns - non review
Warner - 1/1000 c&b
Lauba- bowled around his legs
Smith - caught in leg gully
Head - caught in cover
Starc - Caught at mid off
Lyon - caught at fine leg

Then they lose Hazlewood in the 3rd over.

People need to give credit sometimes...
To argue that Smith, Lahbooskagnuh or Lyon were cases of Australians getting themselves out is to fundamentally misunderstand how Wagner works as a bowler.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I’ve only seen a grainy video of the Wagner wicket on twitter but he basically was unlucky to chop on a wide one right? Cricinfo made it sound like an unplayable classic Starc yorker
It did tail back in late, but yeah it was a little unlucky for Wagner to drag it on from that wide.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Also not trying to go full troll-Hendrix but Latham and Nicholls basically got themselves out to leg side trash? I mean, Australia had us all at sea in between the wickets too but still, frustrating
Nah Nicholls wasn't unlucky. The leg side strangle is a legite thing for bowlers like Starc.

Comes from playing these guys with too much respect. They're not a very good cricket team. Need to treat them as such. None of these cute little tickles. Hit the ****ing ball.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Think Nicholls was just a bit spooked by the pace tbh. He played that shot with both feet off the ground ffs.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it’s great to see a bloke who portrays himself as some sort of higher emotional being reduced to petty jealousies and snarkiness.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it’s great to see a bloke who portrays himself as some sort of higher emotional being reduced to petty jealousies and snarkiness.
Happens every time Aus play NZ. The kiwi fans get convinced that they are a competitive cricket team "this time" and might challenge Australia, then when it doesn't happen they fall to pieces, psychologically