• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You’d want Paine to accelerate here and try to jag another 20 odd, but I literally don’t know if he is capable of doing it.

Burgey

Fmd I’m on fire here with the predictions the past few minutes.

Gonna say NZ 6/48 at stumps to round out the day.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
GW Southee and Wagner - both deserved the 4 wickets.

Had hoped it'd be more like 380 with the innings finished an hour ago, but tbh 416 isn't too bad for NZ from the position at the start of the day. Still massively up against it but that's mainly due to the conditions and losing the toss.

Flem274*

123/5
you'd be pretty happy if you were aussie. big total, paine out before he can meander more, and now they get to bowl under lights to a bloke fighting for his career.

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
Thought Aus would get 450+ at a good clip so very happy with that. Jeet's spell was an unexpected bonus. Hope he does as well in his day job.

Flem274*

123/5
we just need to kill this game tbh. we can't win it with 2 and a half strike bowlers. aus are a world class attack but we need to do what we can. hopefully they can be more tired on boxing day than us, even if it means exploiting the follow on. balls are more important than runs.

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
Yep, time at the crease far outweighs runs scored at this point. If we can get through to stumps only 2 or 3 down we'll be in with a show of saving the game. Highly unlikely, but it's test cricket so you never know.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Great effort from Southee and Wagner to keep the intensity going and stop Australia from running up another 50 or 60 cheap runs and sticking us in 40 minutes later with the lights in full effect.

Burgey

Dammit, when they were talking latham up I said to Mrs Burgey Starc would get him first rock. Was slightly off

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I'm certain Latham got out the same way last time we toured, closing the face early and spooning a catch off the leading edge, for 30 or 40.

Would've thought first over you're playing with the blade as absolutely straight as possible.