Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: *Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

Quote Originally Posted by Starfighter View Post
    Who averages 33.57 in Australia and 30.59 in India? I dunno man.
    He might've improved in recent times or it might be due to the fact India have produced some ragers recently over Australia's tours. I don't know, but for the majority of his career I recall him being distinctly outbowled by even his Australian spinning partners during tours of India (and the UAE and SL).

Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

FWIW I like Lyon as a spinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    "You don't look like me in this world without being firm on what you want to do."

- Hashim Amla.
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveClub View Post
    He bowls with a lot of heart, his heart makes the ball bounce more

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend morgieb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    He might've improved in recent times or it might be due to the fact India have produced some ragers recently over Australia's tours. I don't know, but for the majority of his career I recall him being distinctly outbowled by even his Australian spinning partners during tours of India (and the UAE and SL).

Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

FWIW I like Lyon as a spinner.
    He's improved in his subcontinental style in recent times quite a bit IMO. Was genuinely great the last time he visited India and Bangladesh (though kind of struggled in the UAE, which might be down to those wickets being somewhat flatter and the fact that he had little support).
    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy 1988-2014. 63* for eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    He's improved in his subcontinental style in recent times quite a bit IMO. Was genuinely great the last time he visited India and Bangladesh (though kind of struggled in the UAE, which might be down to those wickets being somewhat flatter and the fact that he had little support).
    right yeah I haven't really been keeping up.

Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    Yeah, I remember him talking about how he'd changed his style to 'bowl dirty' in subcontinental conditions and it seemed to work pretty well, especially in Bangladesh
    Follow me @cricket_gc, should you want to learn more of my cricketing thoughts and opinions, or read them in more detail on my blog: https://gccricket.wordpress.com

International Debutant
    It been a ranked bad effort from India they miss Kholi bad none of these players ever step up

Hall of Fame Member TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijed View Post
    'bowl dirty' in subcontinental conditions
    Burgey to comment

Posted this in another thread but more appropriate here:

Assuming everyone is fit, these are my ideal XI's for NZ.

Perth Test:

Raval
    Latham
    KW
    Ross
    Nicholls
    Watling
    CdG
    Santner
    Southee
    Wagner
    Boult

MCG/SCG:

Raval
    Latham
    KW
    Ross
    Nicholls
    Watling
    CdG
    Santner
    Ferguson
    Wagner
    Boult
    Athlai and NZTailender like this.

Would rather have Ferguson at Perth than the MCG/SCG.

In fact, Southee being our best exponent of reverse, I think we should try out best to have him at the SCG.

I also think Kuggeleijn should be in the squad, and potentially play over CdG.

U19 Captain
    I also think Kuggeleijn should be in the squad, and potentially play over CdG.
    Blasphemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Milenko47 View Post
    Blasphemy.
    I really like CdG and think he's brought immense value to the side, particularly at home. But if our horses-for-courses selection policy that's served us so well for the better part of a decade can't see fit to drop a dibbly-dobbly no rounder (I mean that in the most endearing way possible) for a tour of Australia, I think that'd be a failure.

U19 Captain
    I really like CdG and think he's brought immense value to the side, particularly at home. But if our horses-for-courses selection policy that's served us so well for the better part of a decade can't see fit to drop a dibbly-dobbly no rounder (I mean that in the most endearing way possible) for a tour of Australia, I think that'd be a failure.
    FTR, CDG's FC bowling average and batting average are both better than Kuggs'. And I don't think Kuggs has ever played in Australia anyway.

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    kuggs is a spud who is just as likely to bowl 134kph long hops as send down heat and cdg has proven himself one of the better allrounders on the planet.

plus there's no way you want kuggs at #7 in a test match.

the only way kuggs gets in the team is if we give bay 13 the court reports and free rein to discuss it with him on the boundary. that will ensure 150kph.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

International Regular CricAddict's Avatar
    Till Root finds his form back and Anderson is back in full form, I will say India, Australia and NZ are clearly the top 3 sides now. Any test series between these 3 sides should be mouth-watering.
    "Even though itís a 2-2 series and England were telling me I couldnít celebrate a draw, but they did exactly that during the World Cup." - Nathan Lyon

Yeah, Kugz strikes as one of those players who's a FC very good and a test match dud. The fact that he's still averaging 31 in FC cricket after 70+ games is not a great sign, and if he were to replace Colin not only would we lose a holding bowler, the batting would also be badly weakened.

CdG managed to grab a few wickets in the UAE and SL by wobbling it around on a good length, I wouldn't rule out the potential for him to do the same in Australia (especially under the Perth lights).
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloakey View Post
    Darlingface
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

I just think the pink ball is more likely to swing, so best to have Southee in for that test.

MCG/SCG are more likely to be flat, hence the need for both Wagner and Ferguson. The thought of those two bowling in tandem is mouth-watering. Feels like this could be the best chance we have to beat in Australia in Australia in some time.

No way Kuggs gets in the squad for mine. Would rather have Neesham back in there tbh. But CdG's batting will be the most crucial in Aus I think, a couple of lower order knocks from him could ice the cake or pull us out of the hole.

I know it's a different format but remember a T20 at the SCG a couple of year ago where everyone else struggled but CdG read the pitch beautifully and got about 35* in a total of 115ish.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information