• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have you checked ICC test rankings recently?

3 Williamson
9 Nicholls
11 Latham
14 Watling
16= Taylor

4 Wagner
11= Boult
13 Southee

Not bad for club cricketers ....
TJB being TJB. Appropriate response is not to take the wormy bait.

Zinzan

Disappointing to see we could only grab one more under lights.
You and me both.

250/5 and Aust would have been only marginally on top, & 250/6 even-stevens for me.

Although on the back of the Ferguson injury news, that changes things again.

What will depress me no end is if it suddenly looks like a mine-field when they bowl.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You are batting under lights for sure today. Just a question of whether it happens after a declaration or after bowling them out. And if it is the latter, hopefully it happens within the first session coz otherwise, you are staring down even an innings defeat.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Lockie might struggle to get another test tbh. We're very conservative with selection and limping off on debut is never a great look (bennett)
This would be rather silly if it came to be. They had numerous opportunities to give Ferguson a debut (going all the way back to West Indies' visit in 2017/18 when he first made the squad) including a golden chance in the recent Hamilton test. Then discarding him on the basis of a debut in some pretty unforgiving conditions, well I hope they've moved on from that line of thinking.

With all due respect to Bennett, at the time of his test selection his first class numbers were pretty average IIRC (feel free to correct me here if I'm off the mark) and his selection was more on account of him being pacier than most. TBF he seems to have really improved across all formats in the last 5 years or so and can probably consider himself unlucky not to be in the frame.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Typical stinking ****in hot day there in Perth apparently. Who would want to play sport in that weather fmd.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I feel like batting time is really important here. Both to keep the kiwis melting in the sun but also to make sure we’re the ones bowling tonight

Burgey

Typical stinking ****in hot day there in Perth apparently. Who would want to play sport in that weather fmd.
It's a summer game, after all. If it's dry heat. it's usually fine. Better than 32 and humid imo, but that might just be because i could sweat for Australia

Burgey

Head always looks like he gives you a massive chance (mainly because he does) but while he's there he isn't often bogged down, so either way the game will advance, whether by him getting Aus to a satisfactory total, or by NZ getting a look at the lower order sharpish.

Oooh, shot. Man, Labushagne is the the gift which keeps on giving.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I feel like batting time is really important here. Both to keep the kiwis melting in the sun but also to make sure we’re the ones bowling tonight
Even if Australia lost 6/50 right now, if they were batting again already tonight they'd be well ahead in the game. Even if they were ahead and lost three quick ones under lights.

Burgey

I think the genius of Wagner with this short pitched stuff is he doesn't bowl at a searing sort of pace which makes your first instinct to duck and weave. You think if he's low-mid 130s you should be taking that on pretty comfortably, but he gets them through at an awkward height to always hook and pull effectively. It's a really good method for a bloke who bowls such an awkward bouncer.

Burgey

Even if Australia lost 6/50 right now, if they were batting again already tonight they'd be well ahead in the game. Even if they were ahead and lost three quick ones under lights.
This is a take on the quoted post which is Dickinson-like and should be avoided at all costs.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
It's a summer game, after all. If it's dry heat. it's usually fine. Better than 32 and humid imo, but that might just be because i could sweat for Australia
Time to close in the stadium and air condition the entire thing imo, down to Dunedin conditions - 12 degrees, humid/damp and perfect for numb fingers to drop catches. Get your act together Perth.

Burgey

Doesn't Dunny have the highest rate of alcoholism around because its so bleak or something? or maybe that's Invercargill I'm thinking of.