• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You are still really bitter about Head aren't you?

As far as makeshift openers go KPat is a guy who could adapt well to the top of the order IMO, similarly to how Katich did. Quite similar players too.

And yes I'm well aware that I'm being stupidly harsh on Burns and that he's done fine, but if I didn't make any controversial (/stupid) comments then I'd be the same as most of the other boring ****s who post here and then what would be the point
I do tend to think that of all the players you could make open, KPat's aversion to moving his feet when he drives through coverpoint could be a problem, much like it occasionally was for Head when he opened in ODIs.

Labuschange opened a fair bit in his pre-FC and even early-FC career I believe, but finding a new #3 would be just as hard, not to mention the obviously stupid risk associated with moving someone doing so well.

Maybe it's time for Nick Larkin to put on the baggy green he received with his baggy blue.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What about Wade's rig though, sure he may be about the size of an average man's tricep but he's got the proportions. Head doesn't even have a jawline is that what you want representing Australia to the rest of the world?

I have a feeling Warner wasn't regularly an opener either until after he made his debut for Australia.
Wade is a spud.

Warner was already a regular opener in everything including Shield cricket when he made his Test debut but I do think you're technically right as he didn't really start opening in multi-day cricket until after that T20I debut.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warner was already a regular opener in everything including Shield cricket when he made his Test debut but I do think you're technically right as he didn't really start opening in multi-day cricket until after that T20I debut.
Of course I meant the T20 in Melbourne, I specifically said "debut for Australia" rather than Test debut for that very reason. Obviously not suggesting he made his Test debut having not opened for NSW

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Perhaps he only holds that opinion because he would love Wade to be threatened by one less batsman obviously better than him.

Burns himself was a made a makeshift opened by Queensland after they first dropped him though.
Yeah I kinda forgot that, Queensland did have a pretty transient batting lineup for a while. Was fighting with the might of Wade Townsend, Greg Moller and Andrew Robinson for a spot iirc

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Coney on radio saying Williamson wanted the test squad to just be selected for the England tests then to reassess for the Australia series.
If this is true it may go part of the way to explaining body language. The team just looks flat and if therea disharmony between players and staff then things rarely go well.

Also Peter Filton might be a rubbish batting coach.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You are still really bitter about Head aren't you?

As far as makeshift openers go KPat is a guy who could adapt well to the top of the order IMO, similarly to how Katich did. Quite similar players too.

And yes I'm well aware that I'm being stupidly harsh on Burns and that he's done fine, but if I didn't make any controversial (/stupid) comments then I'd be the same as most of the other boring ****s who post here and then what would be the point
This is like the Hitler of posting right here.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Talk of dropping Burns is a joke. You remember how bad we were left year with finch and Harris a year ago.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I wouldnt mind seeing a 'Santner 6fa' here, to shut the critics. It is otherwise known as a maiden over.