Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
Like Tree244Likes

Thread: *Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

U19 Captain
    Not sure why Ferguson didnít play against England. Debuting him in Australia would be akin to those Pakistani kids.

State 12th Man
    Phillips is a good player no doubt but an opener I don't think so. I think he's best suited somewhere in the middle order. The lad has changed technique every year. This year he's been miming Steve Smith... Nothing wrong with that but imagine the amount of sledge he will get down under? Make shift opener for an all important series is no good. We need solid openers with proper technique and Phillips isn't that. He will definitely have a very good career but red ball cricket I doubt if he's ever going to be a force to reckon with his ever fiddling technique and not having settled on one yet. Would loved to be proved wrong of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrish View Post
    Not sure why Ferguson didn’t play against England. Debuting him in Australia would be akin to those Pakistani kids.
    Idk if it's comparable tbh, Ferguson has heaps of experience in international cricket including making his ODI debut in Australia (and getting Warner out first over) so I think he would adjust a lot quicker than the Pakistanis.

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    he's 10 years older than those kids and is a world class odi bowler who had a good world cup final. different formats obv, but mentally he's shown he can cope with challenges. if he gets pasted on debut i'd be disappointed if it got to him.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Immenso View Post
    Has Phillips ever opened in a FC game? My hunch says no.
    To answer my own question, no.

Number 3: 698 runs at 53.69
    Number 4: 500 runs at 55.56
    Number 5: 236 run at 33.71
    Number 6: 55 runs at 9.17

International Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrish View Post
    Not sure why Ferguson didnít play against England. Debuting him in Australia would be akin to those Pakistani kids.
    I think there's a lot of reasons this wouldn't be the case. Lochie is far from an international fresh face. He's 28, a proven ODI performer, has played in Australia etc. And I don't think Australia's top order is that intimidating. There's definitely vulnerabilities. It wouldn't get to him if he plays over there.

Just give it a little tappy, a little tap tap-aroo.
    I think you just live with one more series of bad scores from Raval, and then Young can slot in against India in Feb/March.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNZ View Post
    What he probably needs to do (Raval, not Howsie) is just try to bat time. I think we'd all take 25 off 100 from him if he's able to blunt the Aussie attack, because once the ball stops moving those pitches over there are going to be flat. I'd certainly advocate him being judged on his average of balls per innings, not necessarily runs. He needs to leave well (because he's got no real discernible off side game) and accumulate if and when they get straight to him.
    I said at the start of the summer it was going to be really tough for Raval and I'd be happy if he averaged 20(60) over the season. On recent form I'd upgrade that to 'extremely happy'.

Has to be absolutely determined to soak up balls and make the Aus attack get him out (which they will anyway) - no gift wickets like against England. And when he gets one with his name on it, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    I said at the start of the summer it was going to be really tough for Raval and I'd be happy if he averaged 20(60) over the season. On recent form I'd upgrade that to 'extremely happy'.

Has to be absolutely determined to soak up balls and make the Aus attack get him out (which they will anyway) - no gift wickets like against England. And when he gets one with his name on it, oh well.
    Yeah, that's essentially it. The swat(s) in the first Test off Leach were disgusting, as was the waft at Broad in the second. Then who knows what the hell happened with the lbw he hit the cover off. If he gets snorters in Australia, so be it. But if I'm Peter Fulton, I'd be telling him that he needs to leave a hell of a lot better and be more patient.
    Moss likes this.

1 news have written a shocker on who they think should replace raval haha

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/spor...isDVOonKpJlVOk

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    1 news have written a shocker on who they think should replace raval haha

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/spor...isDVOonKpJlVOk
    "If the selectors were to pick a replacement solely on stats, then they'd struggle to go past Seifert as an opening batsman. The wicketkeeper-batsman scored 119 in his one innings opening the batting for Northern Districts this season."
    Lmao

I mean, that's like a 100% success rate. The numbers don't lie.

I know BJ opened when he started his career, but to me suggesting that is indicative of a person who clearly has no respect for the art and utility of his lower order batting. Basically if the English team weren't obliged to stay, I think they would have flown back on the first ********* flight back to London after Watling single handedly curbed their enthusiasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    i like many come to cw to briefly escape the pain of mediocre and obscure existence by being mediocre and obscure on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitycreeper View Post
    been speakin to this lass for a while finally got her round muy house. whakcd on netflix and told her to pick a film. big mistake cos she picked ****in footlose. 2 hours of torture and she dint even blow me. shambles. safe to say we arent talkin no more

mark richardson has apparently decided daryl mitchell should open

our commentators are a joke. follow the domestic game ffs. you're paid likely 6 figures to know this stuff and you're being walloped by a loser on the internet.

State 12th Man
    Last night on radio sport Ken Rutherford was interviewed and specifically to talk about the opening slot of Jeet Raval. It was a fairly uncomfortable interview by all accounts with Ken Rutherford first taking about short comings of Jeet Raval, then on to selection policies and then to Hamish Rutherford's case.

Ken isn't the best person to be interviewed when his son is likely in line for selection if Jeet doesn't go well in Australia.

International Vice-Captain aussie tragic's Avatar
    Scary news for New Zealand. Steve Smith has lost the #1 Test ranking and in his last 3 tests has scored only 143 runs @ 35.75.

Can't wait for the next big innings (if Warner, Burns and Labuschagne ever give him a chance to bat of course)

Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread Information