• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in New Zealand 2019

thierry henry

International Coach
This is honestly getting bonkers, 5 seconds ago we had this super great pace attack with a right arm swing bowler, left arm swing bowler who is a bit quicker, followed by a floaty medium paced right arm nibbler and a one-of-a-kind left arm into-the-wicket bounce bowler.

Now Lockie Ferguson exists and they all suck and all bowl the same. It's wild how cricket hot takes never evolve.

Athlai

Not Terrible
This is honestly getting bonkers, 5 seconds ago we had this super great pace attack with a right arm swing bowler, left arm swing bowler who is a bit quicker, followed by a floaty medium paced right arm nibbler and a one-of-a-kind left arm into-the-wicket bounce bowler.

Now Lockie Ferguson exists and they all suck and all bowl the same. It's wild how cricket hot takes never evolve.
Quicks get clicks.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
NZT I'm unimpressed by you running this "you're not allowed to bowl in the 130s" narrative just ftr

(and although it's completely meaningless I also note Boult has been hitting low 140s today anyway)
It's a "you're not allowed to bowl in the 130s with no movement or plan" narrative ftr. Colin bowls below 120 at times but wobbles it and gets wickets.

135 gun barrel straight on Australian pitches is batting practice.

Athlai

Not Terrible
It's a "you're not allowed to bowl in the 130s with no movement or plan" narrative ftr. Colin bowls below 120 at times but wobbles it and gets wickets.

Please keep posting

thierry henry

International Coach

So Southee and Boult have lost their bowling skill then? C'mon man

FTR I could cop replacing Southee with Ferguson in Australian conditions as I agree Southee hasn't tended to be at his best there.

However, if Southee got picked it would hardly be a baffling selection, and it's also a massive call to just assume that Ferguson can do a better 3rd seamer job than Wagner based on zero evidence.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Couldn't have asked for a better start today. Both the wickets were to a wide enough ball but our lads have shown good discipline. It could have been goodbye test match if England batted without losing a wicket for the first hour.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
One more for Southee, LBW perhaps. We're not going to see Lockie next test match either but that's fine. Southee on the cusp of 5 fer here.

91Jmay

International Coach
I was just about to post I'd take 350 before Pope got out. 300 will be tough now, Archer shown nothing as a test bat.