• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia 2019

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fixtures:
Oct 31, Thu
Cricket Australia XI vs Pakistan, T20 Practice MatchBankstown Oval, Sydney
2:30 PM03:30 AM GMT / 02:30 PM LOCAL

Nov 03, Sun
Australia vs Pakistan, 1st T20ISydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
2:30 PM03:30 AM GMT / 02:30 PM LOCAL

Nov 05, Tue
Australia vs Pakistan, 2nd T20IManuka Oval, Canberra
7:10 PM08:10 AM GMT / 07:10 PM LOCAL

Nov 08, Fri
Australia vs Pakistan, 3rd T20IPerth Stadium, Perth
7:30 PM08:30 AM GMT / 04:30 PM LOCAL

Nov 11, Mon - Nov 13, Wed
Australia A vs Pakistan, 3-day Practice MatchPerth Stadium, Perth
5:00 PM06:00 AM GMT / 02:00 PM LOCAL

Nov 15, Fri - Nov 16, Sat
Cricket Australia XI vs Pakistan, 2-day Practice MatchW.A.C.A. Ground, Perth
1:30 PM02:30 AM GMT / 10:30 AM LOCAL

Nov 21, Thu - Nov 25, Mon
Australia vs Pakistan, 1st TestThe Gabba, Brisbane
11:00 AM12:00 AM GMT / 10:00 AM LOCAL

Nov 29, Fri - Dec 03, Tue
Australia vs Pakistan, 2nd TestAdelaide Oval, Adelaide
2:30 PM

Squads:

Pakistan squads

T20Is: Babar Azam (capt), Asif Ali, Fakhar Zaman, Haris Sohail, Iftikhar Ahmed, Imad Wasim, Imam-ul-Haq, Khushdil Shah, Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Irfan, Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Musa Khan, Shadab Khan, Usman Qadir, Wahab Riaz

Tests: Azhar Ali (capt), Abid Ali, Asad Shafiq, Babar Azam, Haris Sohail, Imam-ul-Haq, Imran Khan, Iftikhar Ahmed, Kashif Bhatti, Mohammad Abbas, Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Musa Khan, Nasim Shah, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Shan Masood, Yasir Shah

Australia T20 squad: Finch (c), Warner, Smith, Maxwell, Turner, Agar, Carey, McDermott, Cummins, Richardson, Stanlake, Starc, Tye, Zampa

the big bambino

International Captain
Anyone know how swift Musa and Naseem Shah are? Not sure if either will play tests ahead of Abbas, M Imran Khan and Afridi but this is Pakistan so maybe.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Had no idea who a couple of them were.

Turns out Naseem is 16. Way to make me feel old, ****.

morgieb

Also interesting Qadir's in the T20 squad. Thought he wanted to play for Australia.

Gnske

>Two test series with just as many practice matches

Literally why. Forget the depression of a two test series, but even the Indians only got the one red ball practice match last summer. That CA XI match is just going to be wasted energy where a test could be played.

Burgey

Not content with being Prime Minister, Imran Khan is still going around. Let it go, mate. FFS.

Starfighter

Anyone know how swift Musa and Naseem Shah are? Not sure if either will play tests ahead of Abbas, M Imran Khan and Afridi but this is Pakistan so maybe.
Musa hit low-mid 140s at times in the PSL, but he has very little FC experience and a mediocre record. Short, skiddy guy wth a classical action, seam position needs work. Don't know how fast Naseem bowls, have heard high 130's-early 140s or even higher. Have seen some doubts expressed about his durability with his Alan Ward-esque bowling action and heard rumours injuries have affected his pace. Kinda hard to tell how they'll go as Pak domestic cricket is of variable quality and they've hardly any experience. Classic Pakistan picks of going for the wunderkind rather than someone in their mid twenties. Naseem is considered the more promising of the two, although opinions on uncapped Pakistani players are inevitably either 'next Wasim Akram' or 'barely FC standard' with no middle ground. I expect at least one of them will playing one of the matches.

Had no idea who a couple of them were.
Turns out Naseem is 16. Way to make me feel old, ****.
"sixteen"
Eighteen AFAIK. At least last year when he emerged he was rapidly found to be 'the fifteen year old who's actually seventeen'.

Not content with being Prime Minister, Imran Khan is still going around. Let it go, mate. FFS.
Surprised they actually went for him. Been out of the test side a while, doesn't seem to have set the domestics alight (not that crapinfo will let me check without freezing up my computer).

Daemon

Musa hit low-mid 140s at times in the PSL, but he has very little FC experience and a mediocre record. Short, skiddy guy wth a classical action, seam position needs work. Don't know how fast Naseem bowls, have heard high 130's-early 140s or even higher. Have seen some doubts expressed about his durability with his Alan Ward-esque bowling action and heard rumours injuries have affected his pace. Kinda hard to tell how they'll go as Pak domestic cricket is of variable quality and they've hardly any experience. Classic Pakistan picks of going for the wunderkind rather than someone in their mid twenties. Naseem is considered the more promising of the two, although opinions on uncapped Pakistani players are inevitably either 'next Wasim Akram' or 'barely FC standard' with no middle ground. I expect at least one of them will playing one of the matches.

Eighteen AFAIK. At least last year when he emerged he was rapidly found to be 'the fifteen year old who's actually seventeen'.

Surprised they actually went for him. Been out of the test side a while, doesn't seem to have set the domestics alight (not that crapinfo will let me check without freezing up my computer).
His domestic record is ok but he’s not doing very well on the foreign policy front

TheJediBrah

Kind of looking forward to the T20s more than the Tests this summer for some reason. Weird.

I guess home series' against Pak and SL is a big come down after the Ashes

Briggs

Banned
Usman Qadir's selection is LOLworthy. Not too long ago he wanted to play for Australia. Maybe Pakistan didn't want another Tahir

Gnske

Anyone else looking forward to all the innings of 14 off 23 Ben McDermott will produce?