Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 438391929394 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1408
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: *Official* Pakistan in Australia 2019

Request Your Custom Title Now! honestbharani's Avatar
    I remember Warne passed the then record holder (Walsh?) in 2004 in Chennai. So he got the record twice?
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

International Debutant quincywagstaff's Avatar
    He equalled the record in that SL match but didn't break it.

the result of the series, how so very unpredictable.............NOT
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

I can only think those top-end tours weren't making enough money for them to continue being a thing. Shame really, Aus cricket needs more non-stadium venues.

International Debutant quincywagstaff's Avatar
    Yeah, I think the lack of crowds and revenue was given as a reason for their abandonment.

Surely there would be more scope now, especially as Fox would love to have that content.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Aus in India would be a losing streak of 7 at most I think. 2008 had a few draws in it.

SL's last draw in Aus was this: https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...australia-2004 which I have zero recollection of or indeed realisation of existence. Actually looks like a fairly competitve game, albeit with Aus having the edge throughout, and a tense finish.
    Isn't this the match where Langer tried to knock the bails off inconspicously while walking by and tried to claim a hit-wicket?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    i like many come to cw to briefly escape the pain of mediocre and obscure existence by being mediocre and obscure on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    He batted on and on, and didn't look like getting out. Finally he tonned up. The crowd gave him a standing ovation as we often do at the basin for good innings (I didn't rise for Don Voges nor did the people around me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    only the inferior get periods

Didn't Tim Paine's declaration just smack of a lack of feel for the game

If the series was up for grabs, then fair enough

But far more glory would have been brought to Australian cricket had we had the world record broken by an Australian bastman, and potentially retained for a very long time to come....than white-washing a series against a club-standard opposition, or picking up some extra points in a Test championship that not many will remember.

As though we wouldn't have bowled Pakistan out if Warner had been given an extra hour
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

- Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend morgieb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quincywagstaff View Post
    Yeah, I think the lack of crowds and revenue was given as a reason for their abandonment.

Surely there would be more scope now, especially as Fox would love to have that content.
    I do suppose it clashing with the football seasons would mean that Fox has less need for it than it does over the summer, but yeah I think they might be more willing to have it than 9 ever was.
    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy 1988-2014. 63* for eternity.

International Captain the big bambino's Avatar
    @howardj.

Maybe you can criticise the timing. Perhaps delay it for the last session after you grind them then kill them with hoop. But I like the priorities. I'd always like to see the team and victory as the main goal over personal ambition. Even when they get the decision a little wrong. So hopefully you will always get occasions when a Lawry will declare on a Marsh or a Paine will rank beating an over matched touring team (whether or not championship points are available) over the pursuit of the individual world record batting score.
    JBMAC likes this.

I think the team comes first argument is a bit cliched and hairy chested

As though the two are mutually exclusive
    CricAddict likes this.

Hardly, its the the rationale of the entire game. Acquiring personal records and pursuing victory aren't exclusive but they can clash and then the former should rightly give way. I mean you haven't heard Warner bitch about missing the opportunity so I don't see why anyone else should
    JBMAC likes this.

International Vice-Captain
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/new...ectid=12290439

You should really have to pass a rigorous test to be able to speak about, and write about cricket. If you're the sort of person who thinks this is even worth the most fleeting mention, you should find a new sport to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    Hardly, its the the rationale of the entire game. Acquiring personal records and pursuing victory aren't exclusive but they can clash and then the former should rightly give way. I mean you haven't heard Warner bitch about missing the opportunity so I don't see why anyone else should
    Of course he wouldn't bitch about it publicly

Since that's the only way we can know then the comment stands.
    JBMAC likes this.

International Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    This is a good point. Warner said he was part of the decision making process to declare when they did. If it's not concerning him, it really does become a moot point - unless some people think their own nationalistic jollies are more important than the guy who actually was out there for hours on end.

So no, it didn't smack of a lack of feel of the game. When you sign up for a team sport, you unconsciously agree that in situations like that, the team will general default to the option that considers their collective goals above all else. Can't say I buy the glory line either. Has it helped the West Indies? Didn't seem to do much for them when their board imploded and their stars preferred to play T20 leagues.

And whilst the series wasn't going to be lost, 2-0 gets more Test Championship points than 1-0 does. I agree the championship is a white elephant, but it's what they're playing for - and all teams want to be there when the final is played.
    the big bambino and JBMAC like this.

Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 438391929394 LastLast

Thread Information