Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1408
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: *Official* Pakistan in Australia 2019

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend morgieb's Avatar
    Series ratings:

Warner 10 - where was this in the Ashes, ****? Needless to say, all-round dominant.
    Burns 7 - well-batted first Test, should've gotten that hundred.
    Labuschagne 10 - like Warner, the key bullark against the Pakistani attack. Safe to say that the Ashes is not a fluke.
    Smith 3 - it turns out Pakistan found the cure towards Smith dominance - bowl so poorly at the Top 3 that he relaxes too much and starts playing a million shots.
    Wade 6 - not a lot that could be done, but did manage a key 50 at Brisbane to really get Australia towards a dominant position
    Head 4 - feel for him, just couldn't get a real opportunity as the only time he batted Australia were looking for quick runs.
    Paine 5 - as above; solid with the gloves and captained fairly well.
    Cummins 7 - quiet series by his high standards but still bowled well and took key wickets.
    Starc 9 - his best series in a long time. Looked a generally consistent threat and his spell on Night 2 was outstanding.
    Lyon 6 - below par for most of the series, but woke up big time today to ensure that Pakistan would not pressure Australia at all.
    Hazlewood 8 - again very reliable. Not quite as brilliant as he was in the Ashes, but not too far off it.

Masood 6 - looked pretty solid throughout. Threw away some golden starts though.
    Azhar 2.5 - one decent start, nothing else.
    Sohail 1 - village when the ball bounces above his knees.
    Shafiq 7 - very well batted at Brisbane, and managed a nice 50 here. If only he could kick on.....
    Babar 8 - looked easily their best bat and was dazzling to watch at times. Unfortunately his Brisbane ton was in the wrong innings and his Adelaide 90-odd just wasn't enough (in fairness the standards of Pakistan's middle order didn't help)
    Iftikhar 2 - doesn't seem up to it. Bowling is pedestrian and he doesn't score enough runs.
    Rizwan 7 - liked his style. Scored runs and looked good doing so. I suspect it's a long way back for Sarfraz.
    Yasir 5 - as good as he batted, he's being picked on his bowling. And in that regard, he was as bad as he was last tour.
    Shaheen 4 - pick of the Pakistani bowlers, which says not much at all. Unlike some of the other tailenders his batting displays were poor, too.
    Naseem 3 - still some way to go, but did look really promising. I know you have to manage him while his body is still growing but he should've played in the Second Test.
    Imran 3 - wasn't terrible, I guess.
    Imam-ul-Haq 1 - twin failures. Still a long way to go for him to be another Azam.
    Abbas 2 - just looked like the standard trundler everyone thought he was before he was selected for Tests. Hopefully his form twelve months ago wasn't just a purple patch, but injuries have robbed him of key pace.
    Musa 1.5 - some upside I guess, but looked terrible in this game. A long way off it, whereas Naseem should be decent soon enough.
    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy 1988-2014. 63* for eternity.

International Debutant quincywagstaff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    5 whitewashes in a row is disgusting.
    Has any side had as many consecutive losses in a row in another country as Pakistan have in Australia? It would have to be close to the record.

Impressed by Paine's decision to follow-on. After a poor first half of yesterday, batting again would've been the easy option as Oz were going to win anyway. But bowling again forced the side to challenge themselves and lift their game and they largely did this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! honestbharani's Avatar
    Congrats to Australia on a good professional and ruthless display. Pak were woeful but as always there are enough bright sparks to keep the hope alive.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Do you mean matches or series? SL has never won a Test here. They’ve been touring since the 80s.

CA should have had them here this summer and got the worst tourists over with all at once

Matches. 14 in a row is something. Even Sri Lanka's longest losing streak in Oz is only 7. West Indies had 9 during the 2000s in Oz.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    I think Australia lost a heap in a row in India in the late 2000s or so, but not that bad. Woeful stuff

Hall of Fame Member TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quincywagstaff View Post
    Matches. 14 in a row is something. Even Sri Lanka's longest losing streak in Oz is only 7. West Indies had 9 during the 2000s in Oz.
    Only reason it isn't more is probably due to rain (I'm assuming), which is pure luck

They did scramble a draw in 2004, although main reason is probably they don't play many Tests in Oz.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think Australia lost a heap in a row in India in the late 2000s or so, but not that bad. Woeful stuff
    Oz lost 7 in a row I think around that period. England had an 8 Test losing streak in Oz until that Cook MCG double.

It's usually difficult to take unblighted positives away from thrashings of weakened opponents at home.

But, at least we know the affliction for Warner wasn't so terminal that it would affect his MO of feasting at home. Back to business as usual really. And we learned Marnus can now also plunder the necessary runs at home necessary for any good no.3 while looking like he could succeed in a variety of conditions overseas in theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    i like many come to cw to briefly escape the pain of mediocre and obscure existence by being mediocre and obscure on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    He batted on and on, and didn't look like getting out. Finally he tonned up. The crowd gave him a standing ovation as we often do at the basin for good innings (I didn't rise for Don Voges nor did the people around me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    only the inferior get periods
    Quote Originally Posted by harsh.ag View Post
    My dick is still racist

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Aus in India would be a losing streak of 7 at most I think. 2008 had a few draws in it.

SL's last draw in Aus was this: https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...australia-2004 which I have zero recollection of or indeed realisation of existence. Actually looks like a fairly competitve game, albeit with Aus having the edge throughout, and a tense finish.
    Last edited by Spark; 02-12-2019 at 03:53 AM.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

those nights were on fire
    we couldn't get higher
    we didn't know that we had it all
    but no one warns you before the fall

Dan
    Global Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Aus in India would be a losing streak of 7 at most I think. 2008 had a few draws in it.

SL's last draw in Aus was this: https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...australia-2004 which I have zero recollection of or indeed realisation of existence. Actually looks like a fairly competitve game, albeit with Aus having the edge throughout, and a tense finish.
    Yeah I have no memory of that Top End tour either. I think Elliott got a recall in the first match of that series when Ponting was unavailable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Honestly if Dan isn't the greatest living creature on Earth, he is only second behind Luggage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Langer
    Compete with us | Smile with us | Fight on with us | Dream with us

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend morgieb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Yeah I have no memory of that Top End tour either. I think Elliott got a recall in the first match of that series when Ponting was unavailable.
    Yeah and scored 1 and 0.

Still wish we had those Top End tours. Would be beneficial towards the weaker sides getting Tests in Australia.
    quincywagstaff likes this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! honestbharani's Avatar
    Seems a good way to have tours by Ire, Afg, Bangladesh and Zim.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post

This was the match where Shane Warne equalled Muralitharan for leading Test wicket taker... which Ch 9 missed because they were showing The Price Is Right.

Thread Information